X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    Both + wires on the lowbeam must be tied together. All that need be done!
    OK I'll give it a try...

Leave a comment:

• asubimmer
    replied
    i have a 91' 318is w/ us ellips and when i put the 2 other wires on the lows together then the lows won't turn on and then when I hit the highs the low's fuses blow?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    As much as it pains me I have to agree with Jordan on this one.

On my 90 which had sealed beams I connected the ellipsoid connector to the positive & negative terminals on the stock connector (after crimping a male connector I got at Radio Shack) to the wires thereby avoiding having to mess with the wiring and in order to allow me to return to stock should I need to. This worked for regular halogens and is now working with HIDs. I just removed the ellipsoid connector and connected the ballast.
    Can you explain your method in a little more detail, like explaining which wires need to where...I'm still a little confused on your description...

On my high beams, I have the 2 white/blue wires tied together for the + terminal and the brown for the -

On my low beams, I have the brown on the -, and one of the wires on the + can't remember which color, and the other tied off.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Just pair the 2 hot wires together to feed the HID +. One is + when low beams are on, other is switched + when high beams are on.
    Could you please describe in detail what you mean, I’m unsure which wires you’re talking about.

I own an ’87 325is and last night removed the stock sealed beam headlight assembly and installed a set of euro ellipsoids. I want my low beams to stay on when I turn the high beams on. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    As much as it pains me I have to agree with Jordan on this one.

On my 90 which had sealed beams I connected the ellipsoid connector to the positive & negative terminals on the stock connector (after crimping a male connector I got at Radio Shack) to the wires thereby avoiding having to mess with the wiring and in order to allow me to return to stock should I need to. This worked for regular halogens and is now working with HIDs. I just removed the ellipsoid connector and connected the ballast.

Leave a comment:

• rs4pro3
    replied
    The method I used was to add Euro h1's to an 85 325e, I opened up the insides of the fuse box, and removed the wire from pin 87a of the High beam relay, then connected it to the 12volt post in the center of the box. And then cut the wires coming from the highbeam to the highbeam plug on the low beams. This made it so low beams were independent of the highs as I just have single filament bulbs.
    There is more then one way to skin a cat, so it just depends on what you want.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Leave the fucking relays alone!

Read my damn post.

I have a 87, had sealed beams, had US ellips, now have euro ellips. I know what I'm doing!
    LOL...ok so let me see if I'm understanding your method correctly. Instead of tying off the extra wire that originally went to the stock housings, I should now tie that in with the other positive that is currently connected?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Leave the fucking relays alone!

Read my damn post.

I have a 87, had sealed beams, had US ellips, now have euro ellips. I know what I'm doing!

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    I read it was a simple as pulling the K4 & K3 relays and bridging the #30 prongs...has anyone used this method?

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    How will turning your highs on "blow" your HID.

Just pair the 2 hot wires together to feed the HID +. One is + when low beams are on, other is switched + when high beams are on.

What housings are you using for your HID?

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by rs4pro3
    it requires, cutting one wire under the fuse box, and running it to a new location, then clipping two wires up at the headlights themselves.
    any "how-to" write up's available on this?

it was my understanding that you can just modify the high & low beam relays to do this...possibly bridging the #30 prongs on each?

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Sigh.. no one read and understand my post. Just keep posting unrelated useless information instead.
    Mix two eggs a teaspoon of oil, add batter stir, until at desired consistency.

No thats a cake sorry.

Leave a comment:

• King Luis
    replied
    Originally posted by rs4pro3
    it requires, cutting one wire under the fuse box, and running it to a new location, then clipping two wires up at the headlights themselves.
    sounds so simple now :P
    has anyone done a write up to go from sealed to euro smileys?

Leave a comment:

• rs4pro3
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X