X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Just pair the 2 hot wires together to feed the HID +. One is + when low beams are on, other is switched + when high beams are on.
    this is what i've always done on sealed beam cars when converting them to ellipsoids, HIDs or not

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    don't solder anything. strip the ends of a 14 gauge wire and stuff them in the pins of the fusebox. stick the relays on top of that.

it's been like 7 years.. haven't touched my relays since.

Leave a comment:

• bzappe
    replied
    bridging relays

I am brand new to this forum and have been reading numerous threads on how to get all four headlights to work when on highbeam. I just bought a 1990 325is and the PO installed US ellipsoids. I would like to know how to bridge relays from k2 to k3 using # 30 terminals. Is it just a wire soldered to each hole? How does the relay fit back in the slot using this method? Is there any easier method?

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I did the old jumper wire between relays trick.. worked fine and it's not permanent.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Do it the way we have told you it will look like this:

Fogs work too but just were not on during this picture.
    Well I've explained exactly what I've done and what you told me to do...can you decifer where I went wrong?

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Do it the way we have told you it will look like this:

Fogs work too but just were not on during this picture.

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Sigh... beyond help, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    You are doing something wrong then.
    Well obviously somethings wrong, but I did exactly what you said to do from your "experience" and it doesn't work. I connected the 2 + wires to the low beam. After thinking about this, it would only make sence that the high beam would go on, because by doing this I created a direct feed to the + terminal on the high beam when the low beam is on...

Anyone that could help me out with this?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    You are doing something wrong then.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan
    91 318iS is different then a 87. My mod only applies to early sealed beam cars.
    I tried your method last night and now both the low and high beam go on and off at the same time...what's up?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    91 318iS is different then a 87. My mod only applies to early sealed beam cars.

Leave a comment:

• asubimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by asubimmer
    i have a 91' 318is w/ us ellips and when i put the 2 other wires on the lows together then the lows won't turn on and then when I hit the highs the low's fuses blow?!?!
    Originally posted by rs4pro3
    Well first post what year car you have, and if you want a clean factory like mod, or just a hack job quicky.
    the cleaner the better but right now I would just be happy w/ them working

Leave a comment:

• rs4pro3
    replied
    Well first post what year car you have, and if you want a clean factory like mod, or just a hack job quicky.

Leave a comment:

• asubimmer
    replied
    anyone know how to make my lows stay on. My highs are REALLY bright as it is but the lows would help fill out the road some.

Leave a comment:

• PaulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by asubimmer
    i have a 91' 318is w/ us ellips and when i put the 2 other wires on the lows together then the lows won't turn on and then when I hit the highs the low's fuses blow?!?!
    may be a difference between our cars (87's) and yours...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X