Footwell Lighting: Too Boy Racer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mad Chemist
    replied
    Originally posted by IAmGary
    Thanks for the (more of less) nod of approval :D. I guess I could have wired the lights into the cabin light circuit but I just ran power from the front ashtray light (since I have replaced my ashtray with a cup holder I don't need the light) - the footwells come on whenever the headlights are on.

    I was thinking about wiring door sill lights into the cabin light circuit but I'm not exactly sure where the best place to tap into that would be.

    Another picture:

    For your door sill lights, I would tap into the dome light. Just run in parallel. You could run the wires down the A or B pillars.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alberthype
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonc
    someone put one in the door handle, so people know where the handle is when leaving the car.

    yes!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Someone put one in the door handle, so people know where the handle is when leaving the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    You know what? I like them. Where can I get them? I would wire into my headlight switch, so when the running lights and cluster lights are on, these run. Nice and ambient.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by IAmGary
    Thanks for the (more of less) nod of approval :D. I guess I could have wired the lights into the cabin light circuit but I just ran power from the front ashtray light (since I have replaced my ashtray with a cup holder I don't need the light) - the footwells come on whenever the headlights are on.

    I was thinking about wiring door sill lights into the cabin light circuit but I'm not exactly sure where the best place to tap into that would be.

    Another picture:

    i actually really like that the e30 interior really isn't that well lit i kinda like that you should do a diy for it

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    I have some from a jeep I put in for when I open the doors and they stay on for like 20 seconds and turn off but they aren't led or anything

    Leave a comment:


  • IAmGary
    replied
    Thanks for the (more of less) nod of approval :D. I guess I could have wired the lights into the cabin light circuit but I just ran power from the front ashtray light (since I have replaced my ashtray with a cup holder I don't need the light) - the footwells come on whenever the headlights are on.

    I was thinking about wiring door sill lights into the cabin light circuit but I'm not exactly sure where the best place to tap into that would be.

    Another picture:

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwman91
    replied
    Originally posted by carfantiti
    LOL WTF

    I like the idea as long as they work like stock. You can get the best OEM color match if you use 605nm orange LEDs. I might look into doing something where the lights are on bright with the doors open, and then they remain on but much dimmer when the doors are closed and the car is on.

    Leave a comment:


  • dashboardmonkey
    replied
    Courtesy lights are super cool as long as they work like stock

    Leave a comment:


  • carfantiti
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    I like it as long as they aren't too bright and only come on with the door open or something OEM like.

    Leave a comment:


  • IAmGary
    started a topic Footwell Lighting: Too Boy Racer?

    Footwell Lighting: Too Boy Racer?

    What's your opinion? I did this last week using $2 LEDs from superbrightleds.com.

Working...