Aftermarket smiley headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket smiley headlamps

Anybody have any experiences with these? just found them and they seem like a pretty good price over a set of used euro smileys, just worried they are going to be crap like ebay fog lights... http://movementauto.com/444-1116pxld-e2.html

88' 325iX 126k

Depos have mixed reviews. Lots of people have issues with condensation inside the housings, bad bad bad. But with some careful modification (sealing the glass) by following writeups on here they can be ok.

Comment

Make sure you put some additional sealant, cause they leak like a mofo after a while.

Comment

From what I gathered, DEPO fixed the fogging issues a few(?) years ago(may be it was a year ago).

But not too long ago, they would fog up constantly. Now the issue seems to have been fixed. So that's why the mixed review I believe.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I've had my depo's installed for a few months now. Been thru heavy rain, snow and fog. No issues with condensation in the assemblies at all.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by 325islandhopper View Post
            I've had my depo's installed for a few months now. Been thru heavy rain, snow and fog. No issues with condensation in the assemblies at all.
            Good to hear. I just ordered a set today.

Comment

Picked up a set of DEPOs a while back; $100 new you cant complain much. Had a buddy who does lighting build me a custom set. Low beam faces are black, and the high beams are clear with black cross hairs and a custom yellow bulb housing running regular 55w bulbs. Had him reseal them (duh) since that's the most common complaint about the DEPOs..

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

My low beams are pointing down way too far and it doesn't seem like either of the adjusters move it upward anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

You have to move the upper "adjusters" in. I found with my set that out of the box, they stuck out of the grilles too far and I needed to wind all of those adjusters down. (They're knurled, not threaded, but it worked anyway)
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                  X