Sealed Beam????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed Beam????

Driver side sealed beam in op. Passenger side comes on as it should. Changed bulb. Checked fuse. I was thinking if it was the low beam relay, neither bulb would come on. No voltage to connector. Am I missing something to check??? Thanks in advance.

Just replace the one single headlight. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. Bulb went bad, but you can't replace just the bulb.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

???? Affected bulb was changed with new bulb as stated. I always change both bulbs at the same time. No power to the bulb driver side connector is the problem. Not sure where to go from there.

Comment

If you don't have power at the connector, work your way back until you do. Check for power going into the relay and out.

Comment

Use a volt meter to test continuity from the headlight connector to fuse # 14 (right low beam). You probably have a bad connector or break in the wire.

You are correct, relay k4 does both low beams, and the fuses interrupt each bulb after. If you have one light, the relay is fine.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Will the low beams turn on if you turn on the high beams? I had a similar problem on my 87 sedan and it ended up being the wrong relay. It should be a purple one. It’s different then any other relay on the car because it’s contacts are normally closed when the relay is resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm gonna be working on the car later tonight. I will keep you posted. If it was the relay both low beams would be in op. Got my test light. I'm on a mission.

Comment

I'd suggest replacing the fuses (and the rest of them while you're at it). Older fuses can have hairline cracks which affect proper operation.
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Okay so you ready for this. I bought the car 2 weeks ago and the lady I bought it from let me know that the car had a lot of electric issues. Driver side low beam not working, after maker HU has a lot of static, etc. So the problem was that someone had spliced in a high beam connector to the low beam side. WTF?????? New connector, new low beam bulb, and new fuse just for the hell of it. We have lights!!!!!! Now I'm gonna tear out the whole aftermarket HU and start over with a new Alpine and use the wiring from the car harness.

Comment

Lights working again

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
                    We have lights!
                    Good work, and congratulations!

Ready for new upgrade Halogen lights? let me know- I've got a great setup to replace sealed beams - a dedicated low beam that REALLY lights up the road, and stays ON with the highs. Best of all worlds.
                    Andy
                    Andy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
                    Lighting Upgrades front and back for 2002, E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39, and more.
                    Tail Light Improvements keep them off your tail.
                    Headlight protection saves headlights from breakage.

Comment

Working...
                    X