Bought Depo Euro lights, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought Depo Euro lights, need help

By accidently I bought a set of Depo clear euro lights about 6 monts ago. After have to fix a fatory assembly error, now I cant get the low beam bulb cap off. I turn as hard as I can but it wont budge, I just wanted to ask if it does twist off, and which direction.

Thanks

07 335xi Sport
    00 S2k
    01 A4 1.8t-Sold
    88 M3-Sold
    91 325iC-Totaled
    89 325iS - Sold
    87 325-Totaled

turn left or look at the cap there is a word calls "lose" and another one called "fest" and a arrow. "lose" means that you can open it.
    *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Depo quality... we'll only settle for bottom of the line!

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

it will come off.. it seems like it won't and that you're going to break them, but it will.

actually, you might break them.. heh. the plastic they use really sucks. :x
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

IIRC on my Hellas its counterclockwise. Dunno if the depo are the same.

So far the responses makes me fear the Depo.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
            IIRC on my Hellas its counterclockwise. Dunno if the depo are the same.

So far the responses makes me fear the Depo.
            it should be, they are pretty much exact copies of Hella only made with cheap garbage materials.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

they twist off. after getting them off i grinded off the catch a bit so i can twist it off and easier. plus use some rubber cement on the seals to keep water out . i used this approach as a precaution. plus use some lube on the beam adjusters so its easier to adjust. hope this helps.

Comment

Try with some WD40
                It has worked with my original '84 model with the metal caps

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                1997 E36 328iT
                1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

heh, I'd be worried about WD-40 dissolving the plastic. :shock:
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I will it try it immediatly on my Hella's now
                    but i don't think so
                    maybe the Depo ones are so crappy :roll:

I use WD 40 on the plastic of my ATV

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                    1997 E36 328iT
                    1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                    1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by BavarianBimmer
                      the Depo ones are so crappy
                      exactly. I'm not just talking out my ass here either, I have two sets :P

I guess they're just too easy to bash.. as soon as I can get a real set of hellas, I'll ditch the depos.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

There is ONLY 1 way to remove it properly WITHOUT breaking it. Take the whole light assembly out, and put it under HOT running tap water. Use a damp rag on top of the cap and turn it counterclockwise. After it opens put some vaseline around the inner part of the ring and you won't have to worry about it seizing up anymore.

-gsbadbmr

Comment

Working...
                        X