Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The foolproof works on all cars highs with fogs mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The foolproof works on all cars highs with fogs mod!

So i finally figured it out on my ETA and my buddys I (both with sealed beams an 87 and an 89), and just did it on my 89 that came with elips so its gotta work on pretty much any E30 i figure... Here goes:

First access underside of fuse box, then get your self these two dudes, male split spade and quick connector

Next you see this dude (the little allen bolt). Loosen it, under the fusebox is a nut that when the allen is tightened, wedges itself to a 12V terminal

Next you go under the fuse box and find a yellow wire that goes into the underside of where the relays are (it has been yellow on all three of the cars ive done) it is very close to the 12V terminal as well.

You then take a short piece of wire, attach the spade, put it inbewteen the nut and the underside of the fusebox circuit board and then use the other side along with the quick connect on that yellow wire,

Like SO:

And now you can run rally style, fogs,highs, and lows all at once

-And usual disclamer, if your car lights on fire. Not my fault

-Oh and this isnt fully ind. fogs. The headlights have to be on for the fogs to work. Never did figure out those bastard indy. fogs. :dunno

WERD!

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Pfffft . :zzz:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Noob. :D

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
        Noob. :D
        :hitler:

Seriously though , we've been running lights in this manner with the relay mod for EVAR . ;)

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

The relay mod didnt work for my eta! just made my headlights stay on all the time
          noobX2 :D

Check Us out on Facebook
          Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I had jumped the relays and sometimes when i kicked the highs or lows on with my fogs on, my fogs would flicker and after a while would mess up. I got hid's ran to my fogs though also... I may try this to see if i still have the same problems.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
              The relay mod didnt work for my eta! just made my headlights stay on all the time
              noobX2 :D
              Mine did that too, turned out I had to use a different pin. It's easy enough to figure out if you check the voltage of the relay pins with a multimeter.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

i would rather mod a relay then mess up the wiring. you doing it on the right relay?
                NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Yup. I figured this out through wiring diagrams just like everyone else. Just realized that that yellow wire is for the fogs and it unloads when you turn on the highs, i simply supplied it with 12V so it wont unload.

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

that's pretty cool. good job.

I figured out how to have indy fogs on an ETA....except...they are always on with ignition so they are daytime running lights now.

Comment

Working...
                    X