Interior lighting lights cabin e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old thread bump,

so is picking up a e39 dome light the way to go? has anyone else found a different way/better way?

Comment

and would hooking the leds into the headlight dimmer fix the brightness issue?

Comment

I did the floor lights in my 90-IS; I couldn't stand dropping shit and not finding it; so I scribed the outline of the interior light onto the speaker panel as to where I'd want to position it. Took out my dremel and cut the rectangle out vertically. Did a fit test a few times to make sure it was snug. then I reinstalled the speaker panel for fit to make sure there was no obstruction; added wires and ran them through the dash to the drivers door plunger. spliced into the wires and she's all good. Awesome lighting during the night. basically lights up the whole floor well including up[to the seats.

note: the drivers side might stick out a bit due to the wiring harness. Passenger side has the body cut out so you fill the space with the back of the light.

the nice thing is...you can switch them off if you feel you don't want to use them. but they only work with the door and not the light switch for dimming.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone, I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I was wondering if you could possibly put some of those photos back up. I was going to try to do this to my '91 318i and any help would be great. It seems like you are the only ones talking about it on the forums.
          sigpic

Comment

If anyone finds this thread:

I figured out how to do a e34 / e36 dome light in my e30.

Come on over to this more recent thread:
            sigpic

Comment

Anybody have a picture of this with working links?

Comment

Anyone else have photos of E39 domelight in an E30?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                X