Central Locking works through trunk only, front doors doesn't unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Locking works through trunk only, front doors doesn't unlock

89 325i sedan Central locking stopped working one day. Both front doors lock and unlock with the key, but central locking does not work.

However, it works no problem from the trunk.

So I figured my central locking control unit might be bad and ordered a brand new one from BMW, and also cut the wires going into the door, as the RTS Auto article recommended.

However, no change. Things are the same. Key unlocks both front doors independently, but the trunk can central lock. What should I try next?

Clean the door jamb connector terminals.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

do you windows work/intermittently? when my driver side window began acting up, i unplugged the door jamb harness as stated above , clean with electrical contact cleaner, and presto, all working again, since its all run through that harness it would probably help> good luck

Comment

Especially on the driver's side, the external parts of the lock tumbler are prone to disintegration. Also, the small switches that are associated with left and right locks could be bad or are not being actuated.

Comment

Working...
        X