E36 radio connector into E30 factory wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 radio connector into E30 factory wiring

Anyone have a diagram of e36 radio plug spliced into e30 wiring. I want to use a e36 cd43 radio. Note, my factory wiring was already butchered to install aftermarket radio by PO

nope, but here are 2 diagrams that ought to give you what you need to make the splice-

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      nope, but here are 2 diagrams that ought to give you what you need to make the splice-

t
      Good looking out, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post

t
        Question, the e36 pin out has a 2 12 volt switch wires (Violet/white and black/white) and a battery wire (red/white) but the e30 only has two 12v Switch (violet/white and red/green). Do I splice the battery wire from the e36 plug into one of the 12v switch on the e30 harness effectively having a 12v and battery from the e36 going into one 12 v wire on the e30?

Comment

I'd think you'd need to find an 'always hot' wire somewhere in the E30 to send to the E36 radio to keep it alive when the power's off.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

this is what you're looking for. did the diagram on the top for a customer, and helped them build an adapter (their pic below). You can get everything for about $40 plus the crimp hardware, tools.
            Note this is a common ground premium sound setup.

Last edited by bradnic; 12-09-2023, 03:40 PM.
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
              this is what you're looking for. did the diagram on the top for a customer, and helped them build an adapter (their pic below). You can get everything for about $40 plus the crimp hardware, tools.
              Note this is a common ground premium sound setup.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pk38Nh]
              This is exactly what I’m looking for!!! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Working...
              X