No announcement yet.

head unit wiring + fader delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper install is so much better in every way.

For those guys finding this thread, remember if you going to end up using an amp for mids/highs AND your car is a premium sound car, grab your speaker wires in the trunk, at the factory amp.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

IDK if anyone has ever told you this Luke, but your Sig is disturbing sometimes. But funny the majority of the time.
      Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

nope...never, in the 5 years that has been on there, no one has said it was disturbing.

Well, OK, maybe like 50 or 60 people did say something like that, but it was garbled.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Luke you is the man!! Took me about an hour half to get it all untangled an wired up. Would have been faster if I was confident in what I was doing the whole time. But I'd rather be paranoid and take my time to install my HU than storm through it and blow my car up.
          Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

'85 325E Stereo wiring FTMFL!! There is no twisted pairs 8 inches back. There is no amp and I know its not a premium system. I chased the wiring through the dash and down the drivers kick panel to no avail. Im just gonna rewire unless someone knows another option.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberslowETA View Post
              '85 325E Stereo wiring FTMFL!! There is no twisted pairs 8 inches back. There is no amp and I know its not a premium system. I chased the wiring through the dash and down the drivers kick panel to no avail. Im just gonna rewire unless someone knows another option.
              Those really early cars are way different, but the grounds do jumper somewhere, I think under the drivers seat.

I really cannot remember.

If it were me, I would likely just run new front wires and use the factory stuff for the rears.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                Those really early cars are way different, but the grounds do jumper somewhere, I think under the drivers seat.

I really cannot remember.

If it were me, I would likely just run new front wires and use the factory stuff for the rears.
                As far back as I chased it I didnt find the split for the grounds. Im gonna check under the seat as you suggested buecause I would much rather use factory lines, otherwise...New wire for all four corners it is.

Comment

Well, even if you don't find the splice, it doesn't matter, as long as you don't share grounds. If you ran new wire to the front, that means no shared grounds, right? Left and right are still separate, what we used to call "6 wire" wiring.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Well, even if you don't find the splice, it doesn't matter, as long as you don't share grounds. If you ran new wire to the front, that means no shared grounds, right? Left and right are still separate, what we used to call "6 wire" wiring.

You are the FUCKIN MAN!!! I hadn't thought about that. You just saved me a couple of hours of work. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberslowETA View Post
                      You are the FUCKIN MAN!!! I hadn't thought about that. You just saved me a couple of hours of work. :bow:
                      Thanks, man. More than a few guys have suggested a tip jar!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Epic Bump, Because I don't get. I have a late model NON-premium with Fader and I thought I hit gold after reading this thread, but now I have too many wires.
                        After separating what I believe are the speaker wires, I am left with 6 wires 2 of which are brown (I'm guessing GROUND) and I do not know what to do with them.

Thanks
                        I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

Ground all browns, meter the pairs to make sure they say something near 4 ohms

Closing SOON!

Comment

Ground all browns, meter the pairs to make sure they say something near 4 ohms
                            That's what I thought, but my aftermarket unit's harness has only 1 wire for ground. Can I splice the 2 ground into the 1 harness?

Comment

Well that didnt work, I only have sound coming from the drivers side now.

Comment

Originally posted by mccor023 View Post
                                Well that didnt work, I only have sound coming from the drivers side now.
                                How did you test your speaker wires?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X