best ground location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best ground location?

does anyone have a recommendation to where the best place would be to run the ground for my amp in the trunk of the e30? at the moment it's hooked up where the Radio ground is, but that doesn't seem to be working very well at all. i'd go look, but it's raining and it's dark. thanks in advance for the help

There is nothing stopping you from running a ground wire to the battery. Other wise, any sheet metal will do.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I believe its supposed to be a short a run as possible from the amp, so..........anywhere close.
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Metal to metal...

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
        1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

In an E30, the battery.

Assuming your battery is in the trunk

It's such a short run to the battery in the trunk hooking it up direct to the battery is best
          -Andy

Comment

With only + signals coming from the HU, Is there any reason not to run the signal grounds (running to the amp) from the battery as well?
            -Will

1987 325is, 1989 325i, 1997 318i
            Parts for Sale

Comment

i wondered if it was possible to just run the ground to the battery, but i didn't want to go ahead and try it and fry something, thanks, i can have my stereo back now.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_kid View Post
                i wondered if it was possible to just run the ground to the battery, but i didn't want to go ahead and try it and fry something, thanks, i can have my stereo back now.
                huh? No better ground than the negative terminal on the battery itself, especially for an amp.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                X