No announcement yet.

██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its fucking rediculous they charge $12 to ship 2 bulbs. So I just got some on ebay at the same price. problem solved.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
      Really this is just now being posted?

I have discussed the HID output from DDM bulbs for over a year, and anyone who has measured various bulbs has come to this conclusion. Someone is really pissed off at a company that sells really fucking cheap items.

On the coilover topic, there is not a 100% return rate. I know several people who still have theirs and simply rewelded the brackets or made new lowers. The 100% return rate comes from the fact there was a lawsuit about the safety of the front knuckle brackets breaking due to improper engineering/manufacturing. Instead of getting their pants sued off, DDM issued a 100% refund + cost of shipping to everyone who bought the coilovers, plus settling with the customer who got in the accident as a result of the product. A close friend of mine ran these units on his E36M3/4/5 until he received the refund, where he upgraded and sold the DDM ones under full disclosure.

Picture of check from DDM

Not everything posted is 100% true. When you buy parts from a company with factories based in China, and prices below every name brand, your mileage will vary. Everyone on this forum preaches OEM, OEM, OEM, and then stuffs the cheapest HID's they can find into their headlights. A rather moot point in my book.

Perhaps someone said this already, as I dont have time to read the whole thread, but you have absolutely no business posting a picture of someones check (account number and all) on the internet for the world to see. I strongly suggest you remove that before you get sued.

Comment

Post this in the DDM section in bimmerforums.

Comment

What happened to that picture OP?
          did it turn into a legal document?
          haha I was about to spread the word

]Real sht

Comment

For alittle more you can get:
            a genuine xenon HID kit that is E4 & ISO-9001:2000 Approved

The slim, but it's only 35w.

Comment

Server down? Not sure - here is another copy:

Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Out of the 5 sets of HIDs kits I bought...only one time did I ever order 4300k and got 6000k.

No issues with any of my purchases and I actually liked the 6000ks, I kept them!
                - Frank
                '87 325ic M-Tech 1 For Sale!
                http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=407503
                Build Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229347

Comment

The coilover pictures are scary. Brrr... What were they thinking. A- For using aluminum and B- For welding aluminum in such a highly stressed location.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Was just there Tuesday. No issues but i only do buy HID's the 6k's
                    I like the light output and with a 55w ballast they are more like real 6k's

Comment

If you want good quality H.I.D's go with these two. Ive used both and I'm very happy.

This website is for sale! mengmotorsports.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, mengmotorsports.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

So how can we get this thread to be the first hit
                        when you search for DDM or Apexcone ? :P

Comment

meh

Must have had 20-30 HID kits. 1 kit is on it's 4th or 5th vehicle. Two that were wrecked and both were totaled. I have had 3? 4 cars with Depo headlights from them. Corners. Lights. Lip. Etc.

No issues to date or complaints from me.

Comment

That's great that some of you guys are having such good luck with DDM hid's - and it's good to hear that some of them are lasting so long. But it makes it sound like you've missed the point about the color not being correct - I'm not saying that you did - it just sounds like it. And just for the record, that's why I started this thread...the color.

Hey dinanm3atl - question: Were any of those cars that had depo headlights e30's?

Comment

Nope. E36 stuff on those. I will say that I have ordered 4500, 5000 and 6000 Kelvin temps. They all were different colors. So I don't know what all to say in response to the little "Anti-DDM" poster but I saw multiple different colors with my eyes and all of those are all VERY close together color wise.

My friend has the Depo E30 lights. To me that work, look and perform pretty darn good.

Like I said my experience has been good. When I order smoked corners I got smoked. When I ordered multiple HID kits all were labeled as different colors and when installed was different. Can't say anything outside of that you know?

Comment

thx!

Comment

Working...
                                X