██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
    After having mine installed,my dash lights went out. I have been dealing with it for awhile and having to use a mini maglite to see my dash gauges at night. Now on my way home from the dockweiler meet,i got out from the beach entrance and they went out. I had to drive home from LAX to lake elsinore with no headlights just my fogs only. I have had it with this piece of shit lights. I took them out last night and put my 80/100watt osram h4's back in.:finger: DDM.
    LOL

Are you sure you didn't just pop the dash light fuse? Maybe the light switch died from old age?

Those and the headlights are on completely different circuits ;)

Comment

Originally posted by UDelaware30 View Post
      ordered a set of 55w 5000k and they are bright white. Work great every time. Im sure people have problems with them but what do you expect for 40 bucks.

I expect them not to lie to me about their products.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^^^ 10x
        sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
          LOL

Are you sure you didn't just pop the dash light fuse? Maybe the light switch died from old age?

Those and the headlights are on completely different circuits ;)
          Fuses are fine,the headlight switch? I bought a new one and pop ! Everything works except the dashlights only.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Meh, I like my 4500k DDM's. Regardless of what color they actually are. They seem only slightly bluer then my X5's factory xenon's though.

85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Meh, I like my 4500k DDM's. Regardless of what color they actually are. They seem only slightly bluer then my X5's factory xenon's though.

Your passenger side lights aren't centered, and it's irritating as hell.
              Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Walked in on a Sunday, they were closed, but I saw some people in there. They opened and let me come in. then sold me 5k 55W. Back in July. *knock on wood* they are the white I want and are still working. George, and others sorry to hear they shipped you the wrong stuff.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

anyone know if the 25 dollar ones are digital ballasts or just the 35 dollar ones?
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

5 kits in varying colors. While not all the colors seemed 100% right I'm sorry but it's a $40 brighter light. I can't get replacement bulbs that cheap. I've only had one ballast die on me and they ponied up the shipping after a phone call.

That said my current lights are a tad bluer than I'd like. Ah well. It was $40 two years ago.. No complaints.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I guess I got lucky b/c the 5K 35w and 3K 35w kits I got from DDM have been lasting me w/out any problems and it's been about a year and a half. One thing that confused me was that although my 3K 35w kit from them for my e30 was yellow as expected but when my friend got the same kit in diff bulb size for his e92, it looked more like 4300K and not like mine

Comment

I live in San Diego where they are located.. I have bought there products for as long as Ive been into H.I.D retrofitting. I hate it. Sometimes the bulbs or ballasts will go out on me.. & I gotta walk in for shit & I hate the fuckers over there. Theres this one white boy that I will eventually beat up. rude as fuck.

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                        Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                        I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

I hate the blue tinted lights. We call them attention whore lights. Some dick in a suburban had them on me last light. I just slowed down and rode behind him with my brights on. I'll show him who the ass hole is!
                          i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

I've had sets on all of my e30s and my e34, never had a problem with them. I used the slim ballasts on the e30s but with the extra room in the e34 engine bay I picked up the standard ballasts. One out of 10 times one bulb may fail to fire when I first flip them on, but it always comes on when I do it a second time.

The light output is so superior to any standard 9006 bulb I really can't complain. And a replacement set of Sylvania Silverstar 9006 at the local auto parts store is $35....

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                              I've had sets on all of my e30s and my e34, never had a problem with them. I used the slim ballasts on the e30s but with the extra room in the e34 engine bay I picked up the standard ballasts. One out of 10 times one bulb may fail to fire when I first flip them on, but it always comes on when I do it a second time.

The light output is so superior to any standard 9006 bulb I really can't complain. And a replacement set of Sylvania Silverstar 9006 at the local auto parts store is $35....
                              Fuck a silverstar, they are blue tinted (try driving at night when it's raining, I had a set once upon a time), typically burn out quickly and output less light than xtravisions. If you want to get a decent halogen bulb get some xtravisions for like $10 a set. Do not get tinted halogens.

Unfortunately the only way to get a good set of HID bulbs is to stick with OEM manufacturers--Philips, Osram, Morimoto...

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                                Really this is just now being posted?

I have discussed the HID output from DDM bulbs for over a year, and anyone who has measured various bulbs has come to this conclusion. Someone is really pissed off at a company that sells really fucking cheap items.

On the coilover topic, there is not a 100% return rate. I know several people who still have theirs and simply rewelded the brackets or made new lowers. The 100% return rate comes from the fact there was a lawsuit about the safety of the front knuckle brackets breaking due to improper engineering/manufacturing. Instead of getting their pants sued off, DDM issued a 100% refund + cost of shipping to everyone who bought the coilovers, plus settling with the customer who got in the accident as a result of the product. A close friend of mine ran these units on his E36M3/4/5 until he received the refund, where he upgraded and sold the DDM ones under full disclosure.

Picture of check from DDM

Not everything posted is 100% true. When you buy parts from a company with factories based in China, and prices below every name brand, your mileage will vary. Everyone on this forum preaches OEM, OEM, OEM, and then stuffs the cheapest HID's they can find into their headlights. A rather moot point in my book.
                                Now you have the routing number and account number, you can go shopping...lol. This is definitely something that should be blurred out to avoid Identity Theft. You shouldn't have posted that photo on there. You can get sued for making the account holder vulnerable to identity theft.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                                ---------------------------------
                                89 E30 S52
                                ---------------------------------
                                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X