██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

██ WARNING: DDM TUNING HID's - only sells 4 colors. ███

Fucking DMM. I knew my HID weren't the color I ordered. I ordered 5000k and I got ricer blue. I knew they were pulling people's leg when all their color choices once I saw the packaging. Then this morning I found this.

THEY ONLY SELL 4 COLORS. Ass-holes. I know they won't refund me, or swap them out for a different color. So now what? Send them more of my money? I hate companies like this.

Alternative copy: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1438/...38e404ec_o.jpg
    Last edited by george graves; 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

sorry to hear this dude.

Wanna set the place on fire?

Comment

Ddm? (Why the fuck does it keep dropping it to Ddm from all caps....)

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
      Originally posted by DTM190
      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Wow I never liked them.. I have had many issues with them, their product, and their customer service.

Last year it was over 2 months of bullshit when I tried to place an order and never did receive it and disputed it in the end.

I use and recommend:

VVME.com for HIDs.

Comment

You mean DDM?
          Suspension tips here...
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I've been saying this for a long time, but people kept calling me either an idiot or a liar.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Sorry. Yes, DDM. Mod please title edit if you have a moment. A sticky would be nice too.

Comment

what do you expect for $40?

my fogs actually broke (the bulbs), probably from vibrations. I get that. But one of my low beams is turning green. WTF?

I doubt there's anyone left in the "high end" department of HID retrofits, especially since they're technically illegal. And who can compete with the chinese at $40 a set?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Fuck those fools, every product I have ever bought from them was defect or didnt last longer than 3 months. My angel eyes only light up half way, my hid's flicker and dont always turn on. Fitment on their e36 m3 parts are mediocre at best and their customer service is trash. I say we @ R3V go on strike against DDM
                  harry/harout

Comment

I thought I was crazy for believing I received the wrong brightness despite what the label said...

Comment

Most HID retro fits are done stupidly as well. I hate seeing cars with reflector housings and HIDs and foggy headlights where people threw an HID kit in it.

They blind people on the road.. makes me want to smash peoples headlights out with a bat.

Comment

I got the shit blinded out of me last night by a lifted SUV with HID fogs (ricer blue, of course) in reflector housings. asswipe.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Really this is just now being posted?

I have discussed the HID output from DDM bulbs for over a year, and anyone who has measured various bulbs has come to this conclusion. Someone is really pissed off at a company that sells really fucking cheap items.

On the coilover topic, there is not a 100% return rate. I know several people who still have theirs and simply rewelded the brackets or made new lowers. The 100% return rate comes from the fact there was a lawsuit about the safety of the front knuckle brackets breaking due to improper engineering/manufacturing. Instead of getting their pants sued off, DDM issued a 100% refund + cost of shipping to everyone who bought the coilovers, plus settling with the customer who got in the accident as a result of the product. A close friend of mine ran these units on his E36M3/4/5 until he received the refund, where he upgraded and sold the DDM ones under full disclosure.

Picture of check from DDM

Not everything posted is 100% true. When you buy parts from a company with factories based in China, and prices below every name brand, your mileage will vary. Everyone on this forum preaches OEM, OEM, OEM, and then stuffs the cheapest HID's they can find into their headlights. A rather moot point in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                            Then why didn't you post?

Also, what you posted is irrelevant. The point is that don't expect to get the color you order.
                            Last edited by george graves; 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post

I have discussed the HID output from DDM bulbs for over a year, and anyone who has measured various bulbs has come to this conclusion. Someone is really pissed off at a company that sells really fucking cheap items.

On the coilover topic, there is not a 100% return rate. I know several people who still have theirs and simply rewelded the brackets or made new lowers. The 100% return rate comes from the fact there was a lawsuit about the safety of the front knuckle brackets breaking due to improper engineering/manufacturing. Instead of getting their pants sued off, DDM issued a 100% refund + cost of shipping to everyone who bought the coilovers, plus settling with the customer who got in the accident as a result of the product. A close friend of mine ran these units on his E36M3/4/5 until he received the refund, where he upgraded and sold the DDM ones under full disclosure.

Picture of check from DDM

Not everything posted is 100% true. When you buy parts from a company with factories based in China, and prices below every name brand, your mileage will vary. Everyone on this forum preaches OEM, OEM, OEM, and then stuffs the cheapest HID's they can find into their headlights. A rather moot point in my book.

who still makes quality retrofits? Find me a quality kit and I'll buy it. By the time I got to buying HIDs, they'd already been all run out of the market. Nobody but the chinese can compete at $40.

The coilover situation sounds hilarious. "hey gauize, I can buy coilovers just as good as GC, TCK, H&R, etc for $200! they're just as good, look! you suckers who paid $1500+ are morons!" Yeah, that was hard to see coming..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X