X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

My brain hurts
      So here is the plug from my fader. Don't see any twisted pairs. Are they behind the gauge cluster? This is a 88 vert. I have:
      blue/red
      solid blue
      Blue /black
      Brown black that has four connected together
      yellow/red
      Solid yellow
      yellow/black
      Gray/red that has four connected together
      See pictures of wires
      What do I do now
      Attached Files
      The Lineup in order of appearance:
      91 535i
      91 318is 5 Lug/E46M3 Brakes
      91 325is w/ S52
      88 Vert Plastic Bumper Swap
      88 M3 ;D
      91 325ix 5 speed
      89 Vert Royalblau Metallic
      73 2002
      1986 325es --> is swap Rallycross Car!!
      1995 Chevy G30 Tow Rig... *I SOLD A CAR!!*
      1993 525i Granitsilber Metallic Touring

Need a 91 M5 bad but wife would shoot me...twice

*UPDATE: got a 93 M5 and still alive

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
      1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
      Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Your 88 Vert is the same as early Premium Sound.

Since this is clearly kicking your ass (not trying to be mean, sorry) what I would do if I were you is find the parts of this thread that have to do with "re-purposing" the rear wires.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

It is kinda kickin my ass. Guess I just gotta jump in and start cutting wires
          Ill let you know how I do today
          91 535i
          91 325is w/ S52
          88 M3 ;D
          91 325ix 5 speed
          73 2002

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
          1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
          Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
            It is kinda kickin my ass. Guess I just gotta jump in and start cutting wires
            Ill let you know how I do today
            Hey, tell you what..I am working out of the shop today, doing a huge job in a garage queen E24. I will PM you my phone number so if you get all that stuck you can call. No text though, I use an old school dumbphone.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

update

Well surprise! I got it to work. Repurposed the wires for rear speakers ran new to fronts. Cant seem to get the tweeters in the doors to work. Hav gray/green wire that runs from front speaker up to tweeter and a gray yellow one that I can find in wire harness but not sure where it goes. Can I just cut the gray yellow one and connect to it for I assume the negative side?
              91 535i
              91 325is w/ S52
              88 M3 ;D
              91 325ix 5 speed
              73 2002

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
              1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
              Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elcoy View Post
                Well surprise! I got it to work. Repurposed the wires for rear speakers ran new to fronts. Cant seem to get the tweeters in the doors to work. Hav gray/green wire that runs from front speaker up to tweeter and a gray yellow one that I can find in wire harness but not sure where it goes. Can I just cut the gray yellow one and connect to it for I assume the negative side?
                Yes, exactly that...so good to hear yet another E30 stereo is back up and running, congrats!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Tweeter

Ok the end to this is near. trying to get the tweeters working. On the attached photo of rf speaker I have the gray white (+?) and the gray brown(-?) that I direct connected to my headunit to get the RF speaker to work which it does. as you can see in the photo the gray white side has some type of resister and a gray green wire that runs up to the tweeter. Out of the tweeter comes the Gray Grn and a Gray yellow(which disappears in the wire harness). When I connect the gray yellow direct to the gray brown tweeter still does not work. Also I have no continuity across the red thingy from Gray white to gray green. Am I an idiot? or is my tweeter shot. this scenario is the same on the left
                  91 535i
                  91 325is w/ S52
                  88 M3 ;D
                  91 325ix 5 speed
                  73 2002

1972 Jeep Wagoneer
                  1975 2002 five speed

Check out:
                  Elhartspeedshop.com

sigpic

Comment

Hey, steroinstaller.

I have a 1989 325ix and I'm having trouble with getting any sound out of my speakers. My goal is to just replace the head unit for right now. My car seems to have the 4 pairs of wires and I believe I have everything connected correctly. The head unit that I have turns on, lights up, sees my phone, and can select all of its functions, but no sound at all. Attached are some photos. If you can help me solve this I'll throw you a "tip" at your paypal.

Kindest Regards,

c10seth

No idea what these brown twisted with blue and brown twisted with yellow are for

And the blue twists are just TEMPORARY LOL

Comment

What deck?
                      Post it's wiring harness diagram
                      Originally posted by codyep3
                      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                      2010 F650gs twin
                      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Thank you. That would probably help! :)

Comment

Originally posted by c10seth View Post
                          Hey, steroinstaller.

I have a 1989 325ix and I'm having trouble with getting any sound out of my speakers. My goal is to just replace the head unit for right now. My car seems to have the 4 pairs of wires and I believe I have everything connected correctly. The head unit that I have turns on, lights up, sees my phone, and can select all of its functions, but no sound at all. Attached are some photos. If you can help me solve this I'll throw you a "tip" at your paypal.

Kindest Regards,

c10seth

[/URL]

OK, so, since all you are aiming for here is sound, lets get that up and running first.

You have not turned your stock amp on. I am sure you have noticed that there are two white wires. One is separate, but ran with the antenna cable, obviously enough that is the power antenna (solid blue on "deck side" if available) and the other is actually wrapped in the harness, that is how I can tell from here that your car has Premium Sound, your harness has 2 white wires.

That is why no sound, you didn't connect that white wire to the blue/white. No amp turn on, no sound. Powering up that wire is no guarantee of sound either, as stock amps are often dead, killed by water leaks most commonly.

Originally posted by c10seth View Post
                          No idea what these brown twisted with blue and brown twisted with yellow are for
                          These 2 twisted pairs went from the deck to the fader, thats all.

If you have unwrapped the harness properly they will just fall out anyway, no worries. Nice hunks of wire to save in the junk drawer!

Now, here is the next question: do you plan to bypass your stock amp and use deck power on your speakers, or do you want to take the easy-but-shitty way out and use the stock amp? If you want to use the stock amp, you need to connect the speakers a bit differently than you have there. Ask anyone who has done the amp bypass following this thread, it makes a world of difference and in your case it is super easy to do, just follow the thread.

Luke
                          Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 12-21-2013, 11:49 AM.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Thanks, Luke. I'd much rather just use the deck to power everything to keep it simple. I'm looking for the amp bypass thread right now since I'm already in there.

Seth

Comment

Oh BTW, as far as a paypal donation, no thanks. We just hope you buy stuff from us someday, sooner or sooner. Maybe throw a "like" at our facebook page, GAS I would love to see us hit 1000 by the end of the month. It doesn't pay our bills, but sure doesn't hurt, either.

Thanks for making an old man feel useful!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

You got a "like" from me, sir. ^_^. I'm still having trouble just finding the amp bypass thread. I know this thread says Amp Bypass, but I must just be missing the obvious. Thank you again.

Seth

Comment

Working...
                                X