Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, I'm in the middle of an aftermarket hu install and remembered my power antenna is bad and unplugged. Since I don't want to listen to the radio, Do I need to connect the wiring for the antenna from the new head unit?

This would also save me $20 for an antenna adaptor.

This is on a 91 318is with premium sound
    Thanks!

Comment

Also, my aftermarket hu has one blue/white but no solid blue wire. It instructs to connect the blue/white to both factory amp and antenna wires.
      Is that correct? Should I connect the white wire from the speaker harness and the "solo" white wire to the aftermarket blue/white?

Comment

Leave the white wire off... And there is no antenna adapter needed, E30s are "Motorola" style, same as aftermarket

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

You are awesome, I just finished and it all works great!
          Is that PayPal address current? I'm sending a donation!

Comment

Don't know what one is where, Orders@germanaudiospecialties.com is the correct one tho

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Planet Audio AC1800.5 ANARCHY:
              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...NN2JKECKN9WM1N

Just need some advice on if that is a decent Amp to power my Premium sound speakers.

BMW
              325i 2D
              Premium / No Fader

Also, where can I buy some wire to have the shop run from the Amp to the speakers. I'm going to tell them to run the BMW wire into the amp or have a setup kinda like the "Killer Setup."

Anything that is being explained needs to be in terms a 5-year old can understand. Very specific or my mind picks up every option possible.

Thank You
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

I've done that exact amp with premium speakers several times, with 10" and 12" subwoofers in our boxes, it's a great cheap combo. Yes there are better amps, but it really is plenty.

As far as wire, I use Belva wire, like the BAK42 kit and 2 more pair of the rca (BBIC5) is a great setup, you're going to be thrilled

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  I've done that exact amp with premium speakers several times, with 10" and 12" subwoofers in our boxes, it's a great cheap combo. Yes there are better amps, but it really is plenty.

As far as wire, I use Belva wire, like the BAK42 kit and 2 more pair of the rca (BBIC5) is a great setup, you're going to be thrilled

I went to a shop & got recommended a small alpine power pack KTP-445A - Alpine 4-Channel for the Premium speakers. They felt like running a bigger Amp like the one above would blow the speakers. If there are better amps I'm willing to look, just the one in the OP is pretty much discounted.

I really only want some decent sound, nothing crazy passed the $300 mark since I do have other endeavors.

Thanks again for responding.
                  Last edited by HarukoE30; 10-09-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

That particular amp is a pile of shit. Go return it, I can recommend half a dozen that sound 10x better

Closing SOON!

Comment

That particular amp is a pile of shit. Go return it, I can recommend half a dozen that sound 10x better
                      I haven't picked it up yet, it's just what they suggested would be of better use. I just want to run the speakers possibly off an AMP instead of the Deck if possible, with an option for a Sub-woofer later on.

Comment

no one who uses a diagram like this even knows who Bruce Brisson or Noel Lee are, much less Ray Kimber (who sells wire that ISN'T snake oil) s
                        In the midst or redoing my stereo and looking at some of these threads and ran across the quote and couldnt help but laugh to myself. My uncle has been preaching to me about the benefits of Kimber Kable as being "the only speaker cable that actually makes a difference" since I was in my teens! Glad to see someone else shares this opinion!
                        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Wiring on my series 2 325is has been hacked up. I think this was the plug for the fader, no premium sound.

Can someone confirm this is the fader wiring? and it looks like i only have 2 twisted pairs and a solid yellow and solid blue.

Comment

Originally posted by twenty318is View Post
                            Wiring on my series 2 325is has been hacked up. I think this was the plug for the fader, no premium sound.

Can someone confirm this is the fader wiring? and it looks like i only have 2 twisted pairs and a solid yellow and solid blue.
                            Yes, that is fader wiring

Closing SOON!

Comment

What are the solid yellow and solid blue wires for on the fader plug?
                              I am currently trying to figure out what has been cut and why.

Comment

Originally posted by actletpone View Post
                                What are the solid yellow and solid blue wires for on the fader plug?
                                I am currently trying to figure out what has been cut and why.
                                I believe they're inputs for the right and left side.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X