Glovebox/Subbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm....

So the question is...what kind of improvement did you get?
    Suspension tips here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Sound is pretty nice, Doesnt rattle my teeth, but its a nice smooth base sound. It is the same subwoofer that came in the bose acustamis system.

I have 9 of them total. This summer I might make a few extra boxes and sell them here.
      Tri color fabric for sale here!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Vibration/DME

I'm thinking that vibration won't be a problem for the DME. Unless it is built very thin, the box itself shouldn't be vibrating. The vibration should all be directed out through the woofer if built correctly. Also, if the box is mounted at the factory locations (latch and hinge at the back) and there is a small amount of space between the box and DME, there shouldn't be any more vibration hitting the DME than if you had a woofer in the trunk. It might even be less since a sub this size isn't going to make the SPL that a 10 or 12 in a ported box is going to make.

-Steven

Comment

Originally posted by SHunter View Post
          I'm thinking that vibration won't be a problem for the DME. Unless it is built very thin, the box itself shouldn't be vibrating. The vibration should all be directed out through the woofer if built correctly. Also, if the box is mounted at the factory locations (latch and hinge at the back) and there is a small amount of space between the box and DME, there shouldn't be any more vibration hitting the DME than if you had a woofer in the trunk. It might even be less since a sub this size isn't going to make the SPL that a 10 or 12 in a ported box is going to make.

-Steven
          While your hypothesis is interesting, math says it's wrong. Even at 8" the box will still flex alternately to the sub itself.

I might be wrong, but I've never heard of any speaker not creating some form of "mud" sine wave.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I saw an E34? in a mag once where the guy put a 12" sub in the passenger floorboard (the angled part). It was pretty slick looking but not for the faint of heart. Just thought I'd mention it. Probably sounded like shit though.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X