Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ck_taft325is
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    It might just need ground loop isolators too...hope not, I hate using those.

My neighbor just fried his alternator due to these I believe.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    It might just need ground loop isolators too...hope not, I hate using those.

Leave a comment:

• EN318isPDX
    replied
    I recently did one of the $130 Jensen 5 channel amps in EN318PDXs car.

He says he has a bit of alternator whine, so I don't know what is up with that, but the thing just rocked with Reference components front and back and a 1062W.

I am gonna grab one of them myself for my E34, I think.

$130 is shipped, BTW. Sonicelectronix.com
    Ya if it wasnt so cold outside i would tighten the belt, best way to over come the whine, turn it up louder!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I recently did one of the $130 Jensen 5 channel amps in EN318PDXs car.

He says he has a bit of alternator whine, so I don't know what is up with that, but the thing just rocked with Reference components front and back and a 1062W.

I am gonna grab one of them myself for my E34, I think.

$130 is shipped, BTW. Sonicelectronix.com

Leave a comment:

• airkhin
    replied
    ^ from what i was talkin to luke about, the ppi amp is no longer available. :( time to find something else or find something used! i cant wait to get all the pieces together and go home on spring brake so i can do the install!

(not snowy bump? haha)

Leave a comment:

• Gerta
    replied
    dibs on one ...

Luke,

I'm in for one on or about Mar 11th. PPI amp 5 channel and what 10" sub?

Lemme know you got my number and my email!

Gerta

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    More snowy bumps, waiting to drive the lil' woman to work.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Snowy bump

Leave a comment:

• ck_taft325is
    replied
    Snowy bump

:giggle:

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Snowy bump

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Oplopanax View Post
    I like this, but I'm not sure I understand. The pics darrenforeal posted kind of confuse me. Is the E34 model box something that stretches across the inside the forward section of the trunk?

And how does purchasing work? Just Paypal you the money, then you send it when you finish? Any kind of time frame for finished E34 boxes?

Sorry for all the questions, but if it's any consolation, I registered here just to ask about these :)

Thanks in advance!
    Dude, thats awesome, thanks so much!

I can't be bothered by questions right now, I got Marvin Gaye on the stereo in the shop, it is snowing and I am sanding 12 E30 boxes.

OK, NVM, I will answer your questions: Kool and the Gang are rocking "Hollywood Swinging" and "Jungle Boogie" is next.

I expect to ship the first wave of E30 boxes tomorrow and start building E34 boxes. The E34 boxes are a little tougher than E30 boxes so they will be more money, but for right now, I will do $200 shipped (west coast) on 10" E34 boxes too. Add $10 is east of the Mississippi.

PP is Stereoinstaller1 AT gmail DOT com

So: I have 14 built, about 12 more boxes to build currently, 3 of them special order. If all goes well (no more dead cars, no more major life hassles) I expect delivery time will get better, but for right now, it is "pay and wait", sorry.

I am a 1 man operation unless CKTaft can get up here, but he is snowed in today.

The E34 box is very similar in design to the E30 10" box, with 2 ports and the woofer in the ski pass. You will be supplied with a template and enough carpet to fabricate your own "pretty panel" as shown in CorvallisBMWs install.

a 1/4 sheet of 1/4 "Tempered Hardboard" is enough to build it. Jigsaw, scissors (or razor blade) and a can of spray glue. I wish they were easier to ship built, but it would add about $75 total...so DIY!

If you choose you can also upholster the back of the box, if you wanna be lazy about it. I will make fun of you though.

Anyway, Marvin is back.

Feel free to PM or email questions too.

Welcome to R3V!

Luke

Leave a comment:

• Oplopanax
    replied
    I like this, but I'm not sure I understand. The pics darrenforeal posted kind of confuse me. Is the E34 model box something that stretches across the inside the forward section of the trunk?

And how does purchasing work? Just Paypal you the money, then you send it when you finish? Any kind of time frame for finished E34 boxes?

Sorry for all the questions, but if it's any consolation, I registered here just to ask about these :)

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• ck_taft325is
    replied
    You wont regret it.

Leave a comment:

• airkhin
    replied
    i bumped the e34 page... hopefully ill be able to install my box soon so my brother can really hear it and get one for his m5! without a doubt i know we'll be doing more business soon....

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Bump!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X