Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    search "buttcrack" in thread titles, this will turn up: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ight=buttcrack

I think I showed where/how to drill a hole for the wire.

I hate terminal cups. The good ones aren't in the budget and the cheap ones melt and are weak.

About the sparse info, yes, you are right. I WILL be doing websites, I own 2 domains (with 3 years of godaddy hosting) and am taking a seminar on WordPress and "social network marketing" in april. www.germanaudiospecialties.com will sell products, and www.bimmerboxes.com will focus on installation tutorials and finished installs.

I keep hoping to see someone do nicer stuff...errbuddy gets lazy on the looks!

Later, I will be selling complete amp racks, pre-wired to your specific amp configurations.

AFTER the 10 channel crossover gets done, after the hiring of 2 or 3 bright hard working guys who want to eventually run a tiny empire.

After R3Vpocalypse, too.

Leave a comment:

• NeoMishMoo
    replied
    Just got around to opening up my box last night! Thing is looking beautiful. Going to install today or tommorrow.

Could you update the install thread? Or am I the only dumb one who thinks it could use some more specifics?

First dumb question, just realized there is no terminal, how do you suggest running wires out? I really dont wan't to cut into this thing of beauty, but drill a hole run wires then seal with silicone? Also somewhat unsure of where put the screws that secure the box in place. Might start a thread on where to put my amp.

Leave a comment:

• Jean
    replied
    E34 box paid for :) Thanks Luke!

Leave a comment:

• Rodoni
    replied
    Quick question. It sounds like the issue with the e36 is the back seat and how tight it seals and the shape. Could you make an e36 box for an e36 with a rear seat delete? I don't run a back seat in my m3, just upholstered plywood 8)

A pic of it all:
    Last edited by Rodoni; 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Yeah, pull that rubber ring off if you can. Email me some pics.

Leave a comment:

• Jalves619
    replied
    That Orion XTR Pro I linked you. It's got a pretty beefy ridge around the outside of the mounting circle.

O/D # ( 10.7/8" Round with trim ring ) <I'm thinking this is where I need to open it up
    Cutout Size # ( 9.1/8" Round )
    Mounting Diameter # ( 10.1/8 inches )

I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think I can get it to fit.
    Last edited by Jalves619; 03-24-2011, 12:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
    So is the mounting lip of the sub supposed to sit below the carpet? Mine is sitting flush with it, but I don't think its the magnet from keeping from going in further. I might have to cut the carpet and/or shave some off the i.d. of the "faceplate" of the box to get it in all the way.
    What woofer?

Leave a comment:

• Jalves619
    replied
    So is the mounting lip of the sub supposed to sit below the carpet? Mine is sitting flush with it, but I don't think its the magnet from keeping from going in further. I might have to cut the carpet and/or shave some off the i.d. of the "faceplate" of the box to get it in all the way.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Awesome. Will do, thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• darrenforeal
    replied
    yeah the DVC is available in the 10 too. It's a dual 4 ohm VC

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    just call Jason, it is easier

Leave a comment:

• jclar
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like only the 12" come in DVC. :(

It's okay, I will likely be getting one of those JBL/IDMAX boxes and filling it with something appropriate. ;) Or I could always try and hack this one up and stick a DCON in it or something.
    They have (or had) the DVC 10", they just didn't have a page to order it from. Try using their live chat when it's up for instructions on how to order it.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Dude, maybe you should drop $50 on one of these Obcons. They do come in DVC. The cone mass is quoted as about half the Infinity, and has a bigger motor to boot.

Light cone mass means a bigger box, but they sound awesome in my boxes. What it really relates to is a quicker response, so the bass is tighter and cleaner. I wish you could hear mine, I run that fucker up to 100Hz, even 125Hz and it stays nice and clean, very "forward" localization.

I am sure you knew all that, but some other readers might not understand the importance of Mms
    Unfortunately it looks like only the 12" come in DVC. :(

It's okay, I will likely be getting one of those JBL/IDMAX boxes and filling it with something appropriate. ;) Or I could always try and hack this one up and stick a DCON in it or something.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Odd you should mention that...I am doing an E36 (no folding) in just a couple weeks...soon as these damn E34 boxes are done.

I am also working on a 10 channel passive crossover network, so you could use deck power or an amp, like a 5 channel or whatever.

NINJA: My 34 gets the first passive crossover, a DVC Obcon and a Jensen 5 channel, but a $130 Pioneer because it looks really nice in the dash of a BMW and works well

Leave a comment:

• Axxe
    replied
    Luke, do you think a DVC 10" obcon will fill up an E36 nicely in a well built box? My e36 doesn't have folding seats so I want to have a "luke-style" box in it :D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X