Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    And if you're bridging a 4-channel amp, you probably want a dual 4 ohm since most 4-channel amps are not happy bridged into 2 ohms.
    You just contradicted yourself. A dual 4ohm woofer ends up as a 2ohm load when wired in parallel. When you bridge HALF of a 4-channel amp like Luke said, making it a 3 channel amp, the bridged side likes a 4ohm load best, hence a single 4ohm woofer.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      You just contradicted yourself. A dual 4ohm woofer ends up as a 2ohm load when wired in parallel. When you bridge HALF of a 4-channel amp like Luke said, making it a 3 channel amp, the bridged side likes a 4ohm load best, hence a single 4ohm woofer.
      Not if you're using the whole amp.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
        Not if you're using the whole amp.
        Meaning running a 4 channel as a 2 channel, correct.

If you do that though, tune your radio to a pure static adn set your gains with a DMM set to "AC volts" and get them EXACTLY balanced or you will piss off both the woofer and the amp.

That is how James has an ADS PQ 20 running an Exile XP DVC woofer, BTW. I did that what, 3 years ago? No issues at all....so far.

So, some pics:

That is the burly ass dirt cheap woofer I found, the Obcon S104, like $40 or some shit.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

By comparison, the Infinity 1062W and yours truly:

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

To the top. Buy some boxes!
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

E34 boxes and finishing the 12" boxes by wednesday...get your orders in now!

Only 1 10" E30 box left.

Closing SOON!

Comment

So nothing over a 300W RMS mono sub amp is needed correct?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  So nothing over a 300W RMS mono sub amp is needed correct?
                  Huh? My wifes car sounds great with 140 watts...what was your question?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Boxes in the loving hands of UPS, still have 1 more available!

It can ship today, it is 100% ready to go.

Closing SOON!

Comment

PM sent for that last one!

Comment

Damn, another run sold out.

Next is 12" boxes and E34 10" boxes.

IF YOU WANT A 12" BOX, PM ME NOW!

Guys, you know when I make this into a real company they are gonna be more money, right? I mean, packaging is going to improve, I am going to roller on an epoxy type paint and it will NOT include carpet and template, those will be sold as a finished product...I mean, nowhere near as much as some other BMW audio companies charge, but more than my prices are now.

Hopefully the strut brace will be all done and I can build a custom amp rack/strut brace setup that looks all sexy and clean.

Anyone else like LEDs and plexiglass windows?

I will also be dropping the ///MBox, an ultra lightweight 8" box that still makes adequate bass and is tiny, but won't even sort of keep up with the 10" R3V box.

thanks again, guys.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

This'll happen fella's. Get your orders in ASAP.
                          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Sad to hear the last 10" box is sold! : (
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by dahows View Post
                              The PPI 5 channel is still available. I picked one up 2 weeks ago from Vminnovations for $169.95 shipped.
                              Is the PPI amp any better than the Jensen?

Originally posted by Oplopanax View Post
                              Can you confirm for me that an Infinity Reference 1060w will fit? I'm just worried about the depth, since I have no concept of what kind of space I will be looking at for the box. Hmmm...maybe a 1062w instead. Is dual voice coil really an advantage? I don't know shit about this stuff.
                              Also, I wanted to point out to some people that the Infinity 1062W on Amazon is dirt cheap, $63.99 and free shipping! Granted it's taking a while to ship though. As in I ordered another item with it and the other item shipped out next day where this has been sitting and waiting to be shipped for 3+ days.

Comment

--
                                Last edited by UNHCLL; 03-23-2011, 12:49 PM.
                                Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                                X