Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Bass? Spring box build is here! E34s too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump for bumps

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Finally got the E30 box in. I had been preoccupied with a blown tire in the e34 and a bad slave in the e30.

Anyways, the box is fantastic. The packaging was great and the quality of build is unmatched and it literally fits perfectly. SO much so that you do not even really need to secure it down. It fits tightly into place and mounts perfectly with the ski pass. But I would obviously recommend securing it. The template that came with it was also perfect for the false wall that goes up behind the sub box. I carpeted this and mounted the amps to the back of this piece of wood that I bought at home depot for like $5.

The sound is really really good and the output is the same. I have always been inclined to sealed enclosures and I stayed away from ported ones because most I had heard sounded like poop. This one is awesome. It is very dynamic and accurate, yet has a ton of deep impact. The 10 inch woofer I have in it right now is a Kicker Comp CVR, which is a meh woofer. And it sounds great and LOUD in this box. You rock Luke!!

I cannot WAIT for my e34 box that is made for the IDMAX! That goes into the car with the real system. :) Here are some photos.

Last edited by darrenforeal; 03-07-2011, 11:48 PM.
      Team Hybrids

Comment

Sweet.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

how does the jl 10w7 fit in this?

Patrick - IG:niicknac
          RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

How well will it sound in a car with a regular rear seat? Meaning no ski pass hole in the seat.
            My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by MrSlacker View Post
              How well will it sound in a car with a regular rear seat? Meaning no ski pass hole in the seat.
              Depends on which seat you have. If you have the foam backing on the full leather "sport" seat, you will want to cut a chunk of the foam out, but only about 3", in the shape of the ski pass hole. If you have the cloth, do the same. If you have the jute padding, or the M3, you really don't need to do anything.

I will be making a seat modifier later. It will give an armrest and a bass tunnel, but will be non-moving, but far sexier than a stock armrest.

Likely won't be happening until late spring. I have just too much work to get sone right now...hell, I have 17 boxes to finish and get shipped, and I am just 1 man in a garage for now.

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
              how does the jl 10w7 fit in this?
              It does not. This is NOT intended for giant beastly woofers, this is efficient enough you don't need a giant woofer, or a giant amp, or a giant alternator or any of the other crap.

These boxes will do a comfortable 130db with 400 watts RMS and a competent woofer...efficiency is the goal here. The wifes car has a woofer you can buy for $32 and half of a 15 year old Alpine running it with 140 watts on bass. It plays a SOLID 125db, easily plays (I mean beautifully) down to 25Hz nice and clean. Even with that tiny little setup, i am entirely happy with it. It ain't like my black car (damn I miss that car, I NEED to get it back on the road!) but it is no slouch at all...even with a total of 140 watts on bass.

Now, if you wanna talk about a custom box, like if you already have that beast of a woofer, that can be handled. PM me for some details.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by darrenforeal View Post
                Finally got the E30 box in. I had been preoccupied with a blown tire in the e34 and a bad slave in the e30.

Anyways, the box is fantastic. The packaging was great and the quality of build is unmatched and it literally fits perfectly. SO much so that you do not even really need to secure it down. It fits tightly into place and mounts perfectly with the ski pass. But I would obviously recommend securing it. The template that came with it was also perfect for the false wall that goes up behind the sub box. I carpeted this and mounted the amps to the back of this piece of wood that I bought at home depot for like $5.

The sound is really really good and the output is the same. I have always been inclined to sealed enclosures and I stayed away from ported ones because most I had heard sounded like poop. This one is awesome. It is very dynamic and accurate, yet has a ton of deep impact. The 10 inch woofer I have in it right now is a Kicker Comp CVR, which is a meh woofer. And it sounds great and LOUD in this box. You rock Luke!!

I cannot WAIT for my e34 box that is made for the IDMAX! That goes into the car with the real system. :) Here are some photos.
                I might have squiggled a tiny fish in glue on that box.

Get some orders moving, fellas. I'm headed down there tomorrow with fresh shipping materials and some "spare" time to do some work before I go to work... I want some pressure to really bust my ass ;)
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                  I I'm headed down there tomorrow with fresh shipping materials and some "spare" time to do some work before I go to work...
                  assuming you ever get your lazy ass out of bed! Fuck, man, you only worked 13 hours yesterday, why so sleepy?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    assuming you ever get your lazy ass out of bed! Fuck, man, you only worked 13 hours yesterday, why so sleepy?

True...
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Thanks, Michael!

Guys, I have 1 E30 10" box left, unless I forgot how to count.

Actually, that is pretty likely, so how about "I THINK I have 1 10" box left, but might be 2"

E34 boxes are looking beautiful, pic will be up tomorrow or the next day. I am so excited about getting a new line out.

The ///MBox is next, for both the E30 and the E34.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Thanks, Michael!

Guys, I have 1 E30 10" box left, unless I forgot how to count.

Actually, that is pretty likely, so how about "I THINK I have 1 10" box left, but might be 2"

E34 boxes are looking beautiful, pic will be up tomorrow or the next day. I am so excited about getting a new line out.

The ///MBox is next, for both the E30 and the E34.

This I am VERY excited for.
                        Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Guys, just had a local guy drop off the list, so 1 more 10" e30 box available.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke, my phone is borked. I think it "bricked" itself. I'll actually get on Facebook.
                            Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                              Luke, my phone is borked. I think it "bricked" itself. I'll actually get on Facebook.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Guys, just had a local guy drop off the list, so 1 more 10" e30 box available.
                                Do want.

I'm not a major audiophile but I like everything in my car to be the best possible, and I really think your box is something I gotta have. Question - will my rear deck speakers become useless?

I recently picked up my e30 and the PO replaced the rears with some basic Sony coaxial speakers (I learned the difference between coax and component on this forum, and then returned the coaxial speakers I had picked up... definitely looking to go component in the front) while the fronts are still stock non-premium. The head unit is an Alpine "IVA-D310" ca. 2005 flip-up touchscreen with DVD navigation, sirius navtraffic, and in my trunk (right where the sub box would go, mounted on the seatback) there is what looks to be an Alpine amplifier (marked with the phrase "Ai-Net"). I haven't had any time to investigate what I have aside from pricing out this exceedingly expensive setup (PO is a V.P. of Sirius), or what's connected to what, but I can only assume that I wouldn't be able to run a subwoofer off the existing amp. Anyone have any experience with this Alpine unit? I'll have to get more details on the amp.

Comment

Working...
                                X