Awesome 10" Woofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
    there should be a ski pass opening, it wont be open but its there, just whack it with a hammer a couple times it should pop out
    Exactly.

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
    Hey is this woofer still only 40$????
    It went to like $90, now it is back to $35ish. These things sound great in my boxes. More "tight" than "boom", but the SQ is terrific.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey is this woofer still only 40$????
      Looks like they only have the DVC though. When you click on the buy it now icon on speakerboxusa.com the price changes to $49 + 7 shipping. Found them on amazon for $33

Their 1000w 4-channel amp is $50
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

is dual voice coil good or bad?
        lol and luke, definately gonna be hitting you up for a vert box soon

Comment

is dual voice coil good or bad?
          lol and luke, definately gonna be hitting you up for a vert box soon
          Cool...the idea of DVC has nothing to do with performance per se. DVC and SVC woofers are exactly the same with the exception of the load they present to the amplifier.

For example, lets say we have a class D monoblock amp, rated to make 1000 watts at 1 ohm. If you run it on 2 ohms, it only makes 500. At 4 ohms, it only makes 250. Makes sense to run it at 1 ohm, right? Well, no amount of wiring or bullshit will get you to 1 ohm except using an appropriate woofer.

Now, getting to 1 ohm can be tough. There really are no 1 ohm woofers (any of you that know a stock 2001 Carrera sub is 1.4 ohms, just shut the hell up, you already know this shit) but a dual voice coil 2 ohm per coil will be 1 ohm when wired in paralell...just as 2 dual 4 ohm does 1 ohm...or 4 4 ohm SVC woofers, or 12 12 ohm woofers...whatever it takes to get to 1 ohm, see?

If you are using a 2 channel amp in "bridged" mode, each channel sees twice the load...meaning a SVC 4 ohm woofer on a 2 channel amp shows it 2 ohms per channel...but that does not apply to a true mono (1 channel) amp.

Hope that clears it up...there is ZERO advantage other than the ability to "load" your amp properly.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

I've always kind of viewed it as use a DVC sub if you want to run a dedicated sub amp (with another amp for components) and use a SVC sub if you want to run it off half of a 4 channel amp (the other half being used for components). This is a rule of thumb type of thing anyways, and isn't the final say of course.

Comment

Oh, and are the specs listed on Amazon for that 4-channel Obcon amp correct? 1000w peak, but only 4x50w RMS? How lame is that!

Comment

4x50 at 4 ohms RMS is not bad for $50. Its probably 1000w max bridged at 2ohms (theoretically).
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

ILS rating is 1000 watts.

Closing SOON!

Comment

BS rating. basically.

Luke - check your PM :)
                    Last edited by Jean; 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM.
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

ILS = If Lightning Strikes

Closing SOON!

Comment

Just bought mine. Available here for 33.99+sh

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

good sub obcon>1062

Comment

Guys, there are more 10" DVCs and a few 12" DVCs in stock at Obcon.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I just picked up one of your boxes locally and since it can't fit my Orion HCCA 10" can you suggest this (or another sub) as a SQ sub that runs well with the HCCA 225 amp @2ohms?

BTW if I take a pic of my MBZ 190E-16 trunk can you make a BEAST box for it??
                              Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                                I just picked up one of your boxes locally and since it can't fit my Orion HCCA 10" can you suggest this (or another sub) as a SQ sub that runs well with the HCCA 225 amp @2ohms?

BTW if I take a pic of my MBZ 190E-16 trunk can you make a BEAST box for it??
                                What year is your 225? I have 2 HCCAs, both are 250s... and no, nothing for your 190, that would be thousands AND leave it for weeks and weeks.

However, that big bitchin HCCA woof will fit our E30 Beast boxes...

Let me know exactly which 225 you have and what impedance you want to end up at. We will pick a good woofer for you, no worries.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X