washer pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

washer pump.

So Id like to be able to rig up my extra washer pump and reservoir in the trunk, wil the power supply be enough to sufficiently run the pump?

And If I were to add this into the electrical mix, would I have to worry too much about blowing the fuses? The antena is currently not connected, but keyless entry is. opinions?

id think the pump might be burnt up

1 thing id worry about, a line getting pinched and leaking

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Eh, well, Im going to try it out this week, see what happens, the only thing id really need would be some kind of switch for the power to activate from inside the car.

Perhaps another keyless entry module to run through the washer pump, activates remotely?

Comment

May I ask why you want a washer pump and res in your trunk?

Comment

My house at school has a 10 car lot, we have parties, people are outside around the cars alot. I want to be able to spray people who even think about leaning on it- via a strategically placed hole. Remote activation would be clutch.
          Last edited by bsop; 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Go all out and install a flamethrower South Africa style. Nothing says "Get the fuck off my car" like 10ft flames.

Comment

what a fail, if they lean or car, woop ass, why drill and mod car

get this for the idiots

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

No need for drilling, no need for any permanent mod. Just tested it out today.

Nozzle can very easily fit through one of the license plate mounting holes. thread the hose under the plastic trunk trim to the pump. Easy, simple, hidden.

People havent ever really been a real problem- but I think it would be hilarious to spray the shit out of someone from 10 feet away.

I know most of you will think its absolutely retarded, but It'll be a fun project just to see if I can get it to work as planned. I have all the parts from my 325is part out, so its a free experiment.

I'll post a video when its up and running- spraying an unsuspecting girl in the face as she tries to find the "hologram" on my license plate.

Comment

this is the dumbest idea ever, but strangely intriguing. you will be fine running an extra pump, the euro washers run 3 pumps off the main harness that only runs 1 for US cars.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

i seriously want to see videos of this happening.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                    ---------------------------------
                    89 E30 S52
                    ---------------------------------
                    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Does anyone know about the properties of garage door openers? I.e. When the button is pushed, does it send a constant signal for a minimum period of time, or just a burst to trigger the mechanism in the garage?

Comment

I was thinking of this the other day!

I thought about having a compressed air tank with 100 psi, and running it to the washer nozzles, but of course drilling the nozzles out a a sixteenth of an inch or so.

Then major awesome

Comment

May not even be necessary, the pump has some power to it when i tested it straight off the car battery. And just think about the added tailgater deterring benefits....

It will be easy to wire up a 12v switch inside the car to toggle it on and off. Wireless is a puzzle for me- little experience.

I know I need a transmitter, receiver, and a 12v switch which the transmitter can actually trigger. Keyless entry is probably the best bet for this as far as I can tell, , Garage door openers seem to all use 120v?

I'm pretty unfamiliar with RC controls. I'm thinking I'll need to have the positive wire leading from the battery terminal, to the receiver, to the switch. The switch then leads to the positive end of the washer pump. Negative gets grounded.

Now, with this set up, the receiver has the power it needs to receive the signal from the transmitter, which would in turn trigger the switch to complete the circuit, activating the washer pump. when the signal ceases from the transmitter, the switch deactivates, and the pump stops.

Now for the real question- Will that work? Or am I completely off base here...?

I'm starting to think a 12v dog shock collar very well could be the best solution to this, possibly even the simplest as well. No need to even wire it to the car's harness.

Comment

A guy I knew did something like that. Victim claimed he was sprayed with acid. Cops took it seriously. Turned out to be not so funny.
                            sigpic

Comment

Best to be used with friends then I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X