Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody tried the autoloc 4 window module? same price, 4 windows, should fit the bill.
    This one right meow.

Comment

And it has an E36 on the box. Hmmmm
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by kojack View Post
        Has anybody tried the autoloc 4 window module? same price, 4 windows, should fit the bill.
        This one right meow.
        That is the Scytek unit I use. It does 2 windows up and down, 4 windows up or 4 windows down.

The issue is that the trigger circuit runs both windows up at the same time, so you cannot use it for proper dual window "one touch". You could use it to roll up or down all windows, but not individually.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          That is the Scytek unit I use. It does 2 windows up and down, 4 windows up or 4 windows down.

The issue is that the trigger circuit runs both windows up at the same time, so you cannot use it for proper dual window "one touch". You could use it to roll up or down all windows, but not individually.
          So Scytek makes that autoloc module? Interesting. Have you found anything that works to control both windows seperately? It just seems silly that you'd have to purchase a module per window.

Comment

I have yet to find a module that has separate controllers per window. Scytek does not make their 2 window module, just that one. Well, they may have changed, I have no clue. The old 2 window Autoloc module would do 1 touch just by installing it normally, I just want mine to run on the soft touch switches as BMW intended.

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

@yanal On the one touch module, you cut the red loop wire that was built into the module, right? Which end of the red wire goes to what?

Comment

Yeah just cut them, they don't have to be connected anywhere
                Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
                1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

So what is wrong with using the AutoLOC WC1000? You have to use two of them?
                  REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

There's nothing wrong, that's the one I used, and yes you buy one per window

1990 M3
                    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned the DEI 530T yet. One module controls two windows separately. Pretty easy to wire up too. If you want to use it with E36 switches, you need switches with large white plugs.
                      90 E30 S50B30
                      http://www.fquick.com/roadhazard/

Comment

Plus it's huge ! You can't hide it under the e brake console, and two autoloc modules are still cheaper than one DEI

1990 M3
                        1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

I think the size is not too bad. I put mine in the dashboard behind the black plastic pieces in the glove box. The wires are long enough. But my car is RHD so that may make it different.

And price-wise I think they're comparable. At least on Amazon the DEI is cheaper than two Autoloc. But you may be able to find a better deal.

What else do you guys find the DEI lacking? I've used it for several years in my previous car and didn't find anything wrong about it. But maybe that's just me because I didn't look for a lot of features. Not trying to defend the DEI but I wanted to mention it as another possibility after I saw Luke's comment for not able to find a module that controls both windows separately.
                          90 E30 S50B30
                          http://www.fquick.com/roadhazard/

Comment

If I wanted to have my windows roll up when I auto lock the car with a key fob, what would be the best way to do that?

(I don't have a key fob thing picked out yet, but was going to go with this:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234209)

Comment

hi everybody, just curios to know if the white switch will work. and i also noticed my switch board is a bit different, thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                                If I wanted to have my windows roll up when I auto lock the car with a key fob, what would be the best way to do that?

(I don't have a key fob thing picked out yet, but was going to go with this:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234209)
                                Could I have a third module that controls all the windows, wired to the trunk open function or something?

Originally posted by cristianE View Post
                                hi everybody, just curios to know if the white switch will work. and i also noticed my switch board is a bit different, thank you
                                AFAIK you need to use the E36 one-touch windows, cuz they have the proper switch wiring for both manual roll and auto roll up/down.

Comment

Working...
                                X