Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the GAS E3010 amp rack (warning: LOTS of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you can wire it to damn near anything you want...but having lived with it for a few days, the trunk light looks lame. The LED strips is plenty of light.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey luke, just wondering if I could get an update on my amp rack? Really eager to get everything installed so I was just checking to see if its been shipped out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Oh shit, I did not see this! You said you were not gonna have the car running so I slacked off like a bitch.

On it again, like a bauce. Should ship in a day or so, got the shop FULL of sawdust!

Luke
        I appreciate it Luke! Like I said I know your busy so no big deal. But yeah my car should be on the ground before the end of the weekend, and I would like to stuff that box as soon as I get it to save floor space. (That's honestly why I jump started the project as I realized I will have nowhere to put this thing)

Comment

I am interested...just maxed out on funds :/

Comment

Originally posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
            I am interested...just maxed out on funds :/
            Cool, I appreciate it. I will do my best to make sure you know if it the next time around, these are WAY more work than they are worth, money-wise.

I am going to building these in batches, like 6 at a time, but only if 4 or more are pre-paid. The windows are about $25 each, the lights are $15 and the fans another $12, plus the vinyl and carpet...these are really not very profitable.

The vinyl is likely to be replaced by some form of textured paint in the next run, as it is quite difficult to do the inside of a box. I just need to be certain that the wiring can be made to look perfect, that window and LEDs are merciless. If it is not super-tidy, it really shows.

Thanks for your input, guys, keep it coming!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Do you make sumthn smaller for the new JL digital amps? LOL
              sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
              The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                I must have missed what was so funny...

BTW, Luke, nice looking.
                The Definitive 1991 M-Technic Thread - a work in progress

Comment

Luke, e36 trunk box without folding seats. Any plans to make something?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I need to remove the tar so I can but the box up to the seat but Ive already hooked up the sub and listened to it out of curiosity. And Luke I'm telling right now not another sub is ever going in any of my e30's without one of your boxes. This guy is the man and his product is second to none!

Comment

Wow this looks awesome! During the winter I will definitely be hitting you up for one of these. Gotta save up now ;)
                      '91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                        Yes, you can do a beast box, but it will actually take up more space. You could do your amps and passive crossovers, or an aftermarket crossover...

Originally posted by Axxe View Post
                        Luke, e36 trunk box without folding seats. Any plans to make something?
                        Yes, hoping to, likely about summer, hopefully something I can show at Bimmerfest

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                        I need to remove the tar so I can but the box up to the seat but Ive already hooked up the sub and listened to it out of curiosity. And Luke I'm telling right now not another sub is ever going in any of my e30's without one of your boxes. This guy is the man and his product is second to none!
                        Right on, thanks! Yours should arrive shortly, you have your tracking number, correct?

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Cool I'm glad to hear that and no I havnt.

Comment

can one access the spare tire with all this installed?
                            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                            Got Drop?? ;-)
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            But of course
                            E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                              can one access the spare tire with all this installed?
                              Yes, you can, adn the IE rear sway bar mounts are no worries either.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke Do I want one of these to go with my new box? Im just wondering if there is any advantage to shipping together? If youve shipped mine already no sweat
                                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X