Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the GAS E3010 amp rack (warning: LOTS of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks pro, nothing like a clean install. Do you make speaker boxes? I currently have a kicker L7 12" and I'm not happy with the box I made, its ported and just under 3 cubic ft (if I remember correctly). Any experience with this? I have a rockford 2 channel 800rms powering it

Comment

Originally posted by assblaster View Post
      looks pro, nothing like a clean install. Do you make speaker boxes? I currently have a kicker L7 12" and I'm not happy with the box I made, its ported and just under 3 cubic ft (if I remember correctly). Any experience with this? I have a rockford 2 channel 800rms powering it
      Hahahahaha

Anyways. Luke does make boxes, or maybe it was said, "Luke makes THE E30 box(es)."

Also, hella sweet amp rack! I just finished mine but forgot to take pics before mounting the amps (excitement always gets the best of me)!
      Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Very impressive work!
        In the setup you showed, the two amps. Is one of the amps for the speakers?
        Sorry I dunno anything about audio, but I can't live with a shitty setup.

Comment

Originally posted by cmeptb13 View Post
          Very impressive work!
          In the setup you showed, the two amps. Is one of the amps for the speakers?
          Sorry I dunno anything about audio, but I can't live with a shitty setup.
          Thanks! Yes, that setup is a 4 channel for the front and rear speakers and a mono amp to run the woofer. You can also run a 5 channel as outlined in the "$500 stereo" thread.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

A quick update and a bump: We now have a new design of amp rack.

The outside looks exactly the same, except is now a smooth panel that is much stronger and resistant to warpage.

However, they now require a fully upholstered box. For those who have a partially upholstered box, let us know, we can supply enough material to cover the back of your box, so when you are done it will look the same as this kit when installed:

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I finished installing a Lukebox and new version of the Amp Rack this weekend.

I am posting pictures. The sound and visuals are equally awesome.

Special Thanks to Luke (German Audio Specialties) and Levent (Guten Parts & Service) for all of their help and guidance in getting this from concept to reality.

If anyone in the Northeast (NJ local) is interested in hearing this, let me know and we can meet up at Levent's shop. I will be at Gutenfest in the spring with my car if you want to see and hear the setup.

Start

Initial re-wiring

Dash

Obcom Subwoofer wiring

Obcom Subwoofer wiring2

Trunk after wiring replaced and rerouted (street wire RCA and speaker wires)

Ski Pass cut

Speaker wires routed safely over the Lukebox from driver to passenger side

Lukebox and amp rack installed

Pioneer BT-64

In addition to the sound and looks, the fans in the rack produce an amazing amount of airflow over the amp. I have no concern about over heating on a hot summer day.
              '91 325iX
              '93 325IS
              '93 325IS Spec E36
              '01 330i
              '07 328xi

Comment

Nice, Dadofour. It is good to hear that you are pleased.

That Obcon sub is dual 4-ohm coils, right? So you've got the coils wired in parallel for a two-ohm load?

I don't recall having seen a HVAC panel with centigrade temperature markings before. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
                  Nice, Dadofour. It is good to hear that you are pleased.

That Obcon sub is dual 4-ohm coils, right? So you've got the coils wired in parallel for a two-ohm load?

I don't recall having seen a HVAC panel with centigrade temperature markings before. Interesting.
                  Yeah I felt the same way. The car is new to me two months and my first E30 so i assumed it was the norm....
                  '91 325iX
                  '93 325IS
                  '93 325IS Spec E36
                  '01 330i
                  '07 328xi

Comment

dadfour:

i'm planning on installing my lukebox in the coming weeks. what are those boxes next to the amp? crossovers?

Comment

How do you like that amp? I have the same one going into my vert.
                      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                        dadfour:

i'm planning on installing my lukebox in the coming weeks. what are those boxes next to the amp? crossovers?
                        Those are the cross overs for the rear component speakers. There are also crossovers for the front, but they were already located in the dash so I left them.

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                        How do you like that amp? I have the same one going into my vert.
                        I love the setup. The amp has gobs of clean crisp power.
                        '91 325iX
                        '93 325IS
                        '93 325IS Spec E36
                        '01 330i
                        '07 328xi

Comment

Originally posted by Dadofour View Post
                          Those are the cross overs for the rear component speakers. There are also crossovers for the front, but they were already located in the dash so I left them.

I love the setup. The amp has gobs of clean crisp power.
                          ah ok i didn't realize you weren't using the stock premium speakers.

Comment

This is awesome! It looks amazingly clean! I know where to go when its time to get my sound system all setup!
                            PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
                            : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
                              ah ok i didn't realize you weren't using the stock premium speakers.
                              The original owner upgraded the speakers to MB Quartz up front and Boston Acoustics in the rear. I left those in place and wanted to see what they sounded like before upgrading them. They are fine for now. System sounds great.
                              '91 325iX
                              '93 325IS
                              '93 325IS Spec E36
                              '01 330i
                              '07 328xi

Comment

Awesome! I can't believe I missed that whole post...stupid internet. Oh well, we moved, now all is fine...and the pictures are great!

Just how did you get those pics to come out so well?

Good to hear you are so happy with the setup. Like I said initially, this is the best money you can spend on a stereo for your car, period. There is nothing better anywhere, for any car, for any price. This is absolutely the best...but I might be just a bit biased.

Thanks again, buddy!

Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

Working...
                                X