Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install the GAS E3010 amp rack (warning: LOTS of pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke, what are the dimensions inside of the amp rack (usable space)? And I couldn't find a price on your site, sorry if I missed it but how much is it?

Dadofour, nice write up, thanks!
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Yeah, our "site" is an absolute joke. We will get it in shape soon, I swear!

The rack is $200 plus shipping, but that includes the fans, the window and the LED strip.

The internal dimensions are 31.5" wide X 10" tall, with a depth of 3.375", but in the actual window space you can squeeze something a little taller.

This new design of amp rack requires you to have a fully upholstered box (or at least the back panel must be covered) and we HIGHLY recommend the box in black, so the inside of the rack should be black as well.

If you already have a partially upholstered box, we will gladly ship you a chunk of carpet big enough to cover the back because we want your trunk to look awesome too.

Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

Thanks Luke. I'm re-doing some things, and it would be nice to have the box cleaned up a bit. I'll be in touch after a while.
        1973 Bavaria

Comment

interested in doing this myself but if i have a rear strut brace in the trunk im almost sure this will get in the way right? is there any finagling around it or do i have to remove it?
          sigpic

Comment

There is no way to make Luke's box fit with a strut brace. The best thing about his box is that it maximizes usable space. You practically have to force it into position.

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
              There is no way to make Luke's box fit with a strut brace. The best thing about his box is that it maximizes usable space. You practically have to force it into position.
              i see....but im putting down about 250whp im pretty sure im getting so chassis flex if i remove the brace, you think it will deform the box in any way? if so i guess ill just have to cheeel off the gas and just cruise around :wgaf:
              sigpic

Comment

Unless your car is 90% rust, you shouldn't have any significant chassis flex in the rear. Rear strut braces are just eye candy, for the most part. There's no way there would be enough chassis flex to hurt the box.

Comment

Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post
                  i see....but im putting down about 250whp im pretty sure im getting so chassis flex if i remove the brace, you think it will deform the box in any way? if so i guess ill just have to cheeel off the gas and just cruise around :wgaf:
                  You can park a truck on our boxes...whatever chassis flex you have will be no problem for the box.

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

That is what I was thinking too Luke... if you were getting any, these could almost act as a brace themselves. Worst case is the box gets squeezed a little.

Comment

hey luke im trying to order the 10'lukebox for the e30 and i dunno which "order method to choose" on your sig it says 200 shipped so i dun think there wil be an issue shipping to 07306. please inbox me with the process so i dont mess it up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!!!There are many way to install the gas but there are a few additional supplies that you will need to complete this install. The list is:
                        - An assortment of butt connectors
                        - Crimp tool
                        - Something to strip wire with
                        - Invisible Glass aerosol, or other appropriate plastic cleaner
                        - Microfiber towel
                        - Basic hand tools
                        - Some sort of cordless power screwdriver
                        4x4 lift kits

Comment

Originally posted by Aldrich View Post
                          Hi everyone!!!There are many way to install the gas but there are a few additional supplies that you will need to complete this install. The list is:
                          - Crimp tool
                          - Microfiber towel
                          - Basic hand tools
                          Yes, its true! Tools are needed but you guys ain't dumb, right?

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Aldrich View Post
                            - Crimp tool
                            - Microfiber towel
                            - Basic hand tools

trololol
                            Originally posted by bmwm42
                            PNW vulture pm me for parts
                            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

How much trunk space does this leave you with? (1988 325is)

Comment

There is slightly over 26" of depth left in the trunk space. Pretty awesome IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X