Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by henryki View Post
    I saw on the first page of this thread that you were saying that soldering is not the way to go? but crimping is? I'm not trying to start anything here, because I want to know if melting friggin solder all over myself is worth it.

I'm way too OCD with soldering so it takes me like 3-5 times in order to make it look halfway decent in my standards. but shrink wrap makes everything beaaaauuuutiful
    This has been discussed a bit in the past. See here:

I'm personally on the crimping side of these. I've seen a lot of solder joints in cars corrode, not to mention the common e34 problem of solder joints cracking on every god damn control unit in the car. A good crimp will never come apart or corrode internally.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
      I'm personally on the crimping side of these. I've seen a lot of solder joints in cars corrode, not to mention the common e34 problem of solder joints cracking on every god damn control unit in the car. A good crimp will never come apart or corrode internally.

This is key.

A shitty connector (maybe even one the wrong size) smashed with a shitty set crimpers ,or better yet pliers, is not going to cut it in the long run. The beauty of an OEM quality crimp joint is the removal of oxygen (future corrosion) from the joint and requires quality parts and tools.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Im about to finish installing my 12in. box after work today. I really can't wait to see how it sounds. I just have to cut the holes in the rear deck and put it in now. I'll post back with my thoughts after that. I know i'll be thoroughly impressed though!

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          Im about to finish installing my 12in. box after work today. I really can't wait to see how it sounds. I just have to cut the holes in the rear deck and put it in now. I'll post back with my thoughts after that. I know i'll be thoroughly impressed though!
          *Like*

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Finally got the $500 stereo installed today and all I can say is "Sweet Baby Jeezus". I cant wait to get the amp "tuned" and really start blowing some minds. thanks for a great product, amazing knowledge and sharing said knowledge with us here. Bravo....

if u are on the fence about one of these boxes, jump off and buy one. totally worth every dollar.
            Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
            Yeah, it is expensive but get it anyway, it kicks ass...don't be a cheap bitch:

Comment

Originally posted by Zeltar View Post
              Finally got the $500 stereo installed today and all I can say is "Sweet Baby Jeezus". I cant wait to get the amp "tuned" and really start blowing some minds. thanks for a great product, amazing knowledge and sharing said knowledge with us here. Bravo....

if u are on the fence about one of these boxes, jump off and buy one. totally worth every dollar.
              I concur!
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

For 500 .00 you can put four 10inch Pyle under the back deck with the same amp with stock radio and sound like a club riding down the street

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

You young guys are wasting space with these bullshit kicker boxes that sound like crap listen to a old gee I had a e30 325 I back in 88 I had four ten inch woofers on the back deck with two 15 inches behind the seat and murderd every dude sound system in newark nj making bet at 1,000.00 dollar a pop guess what I paid off my car in two months

Comment

lol

when i read iceman i think of this

98 M3/4/5

Comment

...Or I can put one 10 inch and a lukebox in the trunk and keep most of my trunk for hauling stuff and still be loud inside!
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Cut the metal out behind the seat for that 10inch and you can put two instead of one have all of your truck

Comment

Originally posted by iceman44 View Post
                          Cut the metal out behind the seat for that 10inch and you can put two instead of one have all of your truck

How about some pictures of some of your installs?

Here is a shot of one of our systems, in a '99 540i/6. This does a solid 137db @28Hz. Not stupid loud, but considering it really isn't heard outside the vehicle, its pretty adequate for most enthusiasts. It shakes the car, but is also felt physically, as bass should be. Oh yeah, its also very musical and accurate.

The nice thing is that the average guy or gal can install this fairly easily in a few hours, even with zero experience.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

LOolz @ iceman

Luke, do you have 10" Lukebox in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yessir, we have 4 on the shelf right now waiting for upholstery.

Closing SOON!

Comment

SWEET. will be contacting you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X