Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed....

If my front components are shot, any particular kind you recommend?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
      with all the talk about how great the bmw speaker wires are, I so happen to have a complete wire harness from my donor car. Would it make more sense to use this than the wire that came with my amp kit?
      good question bernz; in for answer

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
        with all the talk about how great the bmw speaker wires are, I so happen to have a complete wire harness from my donor car. Would it make more sense to use this than the wire that came with my amp kit?
        Yes, absolutely. I hoard BMW wire, especially considering how expensive shitty wire has become.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Yes, absolutely. I hoard BMW wire, especially considering how expensive shitty wire has become.
          that's good to know. I like the wiring harnesses to look stock still. I'm definitely doing that.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          ---------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Ok so after reading it through 4 times like a complete fucktard. The audio is now sent from the radio to the amp via rcas. Correct? And the front half of the rear speaker wires are now used to send the amp signal to the front speakers.
            Originally posted by Good & Tight
            It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
              Ok so after reading it through 4 times like a complete fucktard. The audio is now sent from the radio to the amp via rcas. Correct? And the front half of the rear speaker wires are now used to send the amp signal to the front speakers.
              Yes, it is that simple.

But...

what year is your car?

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

1991 318is so the pictures make sense. Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                  1991 318is so the pictures make sense. Or am I missing something?
                  Nope. In fact, if you look closely, you will see those pics come from 2 different cars. Oddly enough, both are non-premium M42 cars, just like yours.

Now go get busy!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

where does the brown, red/black, and white wires hook up?

Comment

Whats your opinion on the fosgate r600-5? Do you think it is better than the jensen for this set up? Or even the fosgate subs?

Comment

trying to better my understanding. The speaker wires that run out of the back of the head unit are no longer used? the "sound" travels through the RCA cables? NOOB sorry.

WTB
                        -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                        -s52, s50, m52, m54
                        -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

If your car is a NON premium speaker car the sound gets to the amp through RCAs. And when you cut the wires that are going from the head unit to the back for the rear speakers. You use the FRONT half of that wire to connect to the wires for the front speakers. So behind the radio instead of plugging the wires to the radio, you connect the front speakers to the rear feed. Its like your extending the wires without running anything. And the rear speakers are back there so that's just a simple jump. Make sense?

Comment

I think I kinda get it. what about if it is a premium sound car?

WTB
                            -convertible carpet, no rips, in socal.
                            -s52, s50, m52, m54
                            -harness, accessories, transmission

Comment

Look at the first two posts. If you have a premium car then you have an amp in the back along with everything ran back there for the most part.

Comment

I just removed all the trunk tar in preparation for the arrival of my LukeBox. I went the dry ice route and it was actually pretty damn fun. For starter I got to play with dry ice for a couple minutes and then you just hit shit with a hammer! I kinda want to do it again lol. That shit sure it heavy, though. Anyone know about how much a whole trunks worth is? If I had to guess I'd say 20-30 pounds, but I'm quite terrible at guessing weights.

Comment

Working...
                                X