Hot on accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot on accessory

I have an 85 325e without premium sound I'm looking for a wire in the trunk that is only hot on accessory to run a small amp. I tried reading some wiring diagrams but until they make a rosetta stone to understand them till then I'm lost. As of right now I have the power hooked up to red antenna power wire and seeing if it kills my battery tonight.

we need a 85 325e wiring diagram thread.
    i still need help with my radio

Comment

You car is probably pre-wired for premium sound. Find the harness and probe any wires with the ignition on for 12volts. Then remove the key from ignition and check to see if they are switched.

Your small amp might blow antenna fuses for antenna circuit.

It would be smarter to wire your amp directly to the battery, then use a "remote turn on" wire from the head unit or factory amp harness, which is probably pre-wired in the drivers side of trunk behind panels.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
        You car is probably pre-wired for premium sound. Find the harness and probe any wires with the ignition on for 12volts. Then remove the key from ignition and check to see if they are switched.

Your small amp might blow antenna fuses for antenna circuit.

It would be smarter to wire your amp directly to the battery, then use a "remote turn on" wire from the head unit or factory amp harness, which is probably pre-wired in the drivers side of trunk behind panels.
        Will do thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X