My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gregs///M
    replied


    Do you really think you are the first and only one to ever install a tuned port into the cabin? Please realize that the E30 is not the only convertible made with this problem (getting bass into the cabin of a vert.) Many car manufacturers have this issue.

    Do you think you are the only car installer who has ever tackled this problem? There has been hundreds of thousands of installers since the early 1980's and you think you are the only one who had to solve this problem of getting sound into the cabin? And solving by using a tuned port, chassis cavity or not.

    I can give you props for your tuning capabilities, which is the most difficult aspect, but to say your design is original and "one of a kind," that's truly ridiculous. I've personally seen this very similar design on a variety of cars. Perhaps you don't pay attention to national publications regarding car audio. Perhaps you have not seen your design anywhere locally or on the E30 chassis. But I assure you and the rest of the R3V, tuning ports into the cabin is not anything new and has been tried by thousands of installers throughout the decades. I've seen it in car audio magazines, I've seen it in sound off and sound quality competitions, and I've seen it in other car's that have come into my shop, and I've personally fed tuned ports into cabins many times.

    And Luke, you need to chill out man. Blasting your customers in front of the public forum only makes you look worse. Its no wonder you are losing sales. It would be more ideal to speak with them privately and be more kind since they've actually paid you and help support your bills. You of all people should know, when you treat your customers right, they will in turn bring you more word of mouth business. However, cussing and chewing them out will only turn them against you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Thizzelle
    replied
    he didn't have the port design until someone told him (not directly but raised the question) on the thread soooo......
    I built a box for my M3 which is pretty much a luke box but I had never seen it before, it was before I was even on this forum. You can only do so much in building a sub box for these tiny trunks.
    Last edited by Thizzelle; 10-23-2012, 09:18 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean S.
    replied
    Yes, I received my amp rack, your highly touted, superior product you refer to countless times as "shit" .. I got it; Even posted about it. I've never questioned the quality of your products Luke, just the time it took to get said product and the spin you try put on things when called on the carpet.

    Again, I wish you, GAS and anyone who chooses to buy from GAS the best of luck.

    Sean

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw325csi
    LOL. The anger in your posts says it all Luke.

    I can appreciate good bass, Ive heard your box and it does sound amazing, however........

    Oh, never mind, your the shit!!! your boxes are the shit!!! You ARE gods gift to the community, blah blah blah......
    I wouldn't go that far but if someone screwed you over for <1000 you would be singing a different tune.

    Better OP didn't see this coming! LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    LOL. The anger in your posts says it all Luke.

    I can appreciate good bass, Ive heard your box and it does sound amazing, however........

    Oh, never mind, your the shit!!! your boxes are the shit!!! You ARE gods gift to the community, blah blah blah......

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Cry your own river, asshat, you are an idiot.

    What do you think, guys, do my boxes sound the same as swapmeet bulllshit, or is this guy an idiot?

    Shut the fuck up

    Luke
    Typical socal boys. If someone fucked me over for more than 1000 dollars my business practices would be more than shady. I know people who have busted knee caps for less

    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird
    Although the behavior in the thread isn't kind, I will say that the Luke box is superior to any pre-made boxes I have heard - even with a $10 sub in it.
    Truth, I have spent so much money on ported boxes and they dont even come close to my lukebox.
    Last edited by EN318isPDX; 10-23-2012, 08:17 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Although the behavior in the thread isn't kind, I will say that the Luke box is superior to any pre-made boxes I have heard - even with a $10 sub in it.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw325csi
    cry me a river, I still stand behind what I said.
    Cry your own river, asshat, you are an idiot.

    What do you think, guys, do my boxes sound the same as swapmeet bulllshit, or is this guy an idiot?

    Shut the fuck up

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    cry me a river, I still stand behind what I said.

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by 10Toes
    I must be missing the big deal. You have to build a box to fit a specific area how many different ways could it be done. They are all going to look similar.
    Nonsense, that is just stupid. Thats like saying "well, the motor drives the car, they are all gonna run the same"...seriously, just a stupid thing to say. I have come up with several designs that are all different for the same car, multiple times.

    Add to that the fact that my design uses the actual chassis of the car as part of the sub enclosure? Give me a fucking break...this is a first, period.

    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    You should always be acting as GAS especially on a website where you sell and promote your products.

    As I said before his design isn't being copied. Last time I checked there is no Patent on cutting holes in metal and using pvc pipe to direct sound. Honestly, Im sorry to anyone who feels like I stole, misused, or took advantage of your product or idea. Truth is thats just not the case and never had any intentions of making your butt hurt.
    Well, all Texas bullshit aside, you did your best to take my design and throw a 12" woofer in there. Plain and simple, you copied my design. Its a shame you are too much of a weenie to admit it.

    The fun part for me is that you tried to copy both of the designs I built for this chassis! Oh but "this isn't a copy"...hahaha, whatever, douche.

    It certainly is far more creative thinking that you or the guy who built it can pull off, obviously. The fact is you did copy an open book, but that is not what I have an issue with. The issue I have is that I spent months coming up with this shit after being begged publicly and then, sales just fucking stopped. I don't give a shit who built what, honestly, but at least man up and admit it! Copy all you want but at least try to not be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles about it, OK?

    Hell, I have helped dozens of guys build boxes very similar to my designs, but very few have been stupid enough to blatantly copy them and post it on a forum. So, you are a winner in that regard at least!

    Originally posted by Gregs///M
    I stand neutral to both parties involved in this thread...OP and GAS.

    However, I can say that I've seen several examples of a similar design to the vert Lukebox. Even in my old Car Audio and Electronics magazines from the early 1980's, this sub woofer box design was quite common. I've also seen very similar designs in many cars, particularly the old Mercedes Benz's.

    My point...

    The vert Lukebox or any sub woofer box, built by anyone in history, is not patented and open source for anyone to copy it. Luke, if you are so concerned about people ripping off your box designs, you gotta keep that design "under wraps," secure your product since you worked so hard on it.

    To the OP, to blatantly come out post that you gave your installer Luke's plans for the box was pretty douchey. He's the moderator of this sub forum and its a bit of a slap in the face. I'm not saying your wrong but I am saying you should have kept the fact you were blatantly copying the design to yourself and your installer.
    Jesus fuck, that is absolutely retarded. How can you possibly think such a thing? There have been hundreds of patents for subwoofer enclosures. Every major "advance" has been patented for the last 80 years.

    Hell, even the names of those designs have been patented!

    Here is a 10 second search: http://www.google.com/patents/US4564727

    Second, show me any other automotive subwoofer in history where the cavity already built into the car has been tuned into a tuned chamber as part of a bandpass design...just one, ever, anywhere. Hell, show me another car where the chassis of the car has a cavity...hmmm...yeah, didn't think so.

    Again, complete bullshit. This is the first and yes, it is my very own idea.

    Again, my issue is not that dude here stole my idea, it is the other 40 or so guys who never bought one after they said they would. Hell, I have helped dozens of guys build their own copies...most just don't pay someone else to steal my ideas, they do it themselves.

    OK, back to the idiots:

    Originally posted by bmw325csi
    Now thats a shady business practice.

    Dont get too cocky now, as good as your boxes are, most people couldn't tell the difference between yours and a ported swap meet box if their life depended on it. I mean for most people, a boom is a boom regardless of how was designed.
    Jesus fuck, you are an idiot.

    Do you really think we have sold over 600 boxes for quadruple the price of your swap meet bullshit because those guys are stupid? Look man, just because you are an idiot does not mean everyone is.

    OK, first, literally thousands of people have noticed the difference, so that is not even a question. This whole business was started because I got so fucking many requests only from people hearing the ones I had done locally. Only complete stupidity would cause you to say such a retarded thing. The boxes we build do sounds drastically better and the way they are designed means they do not cause rattles...so if you are even thinking about comparing my work to whatever bullshit you think you know something about...well, hurry up and go fuck yourself.

    And, last I heard, it is completely normal for a business to collect funding to develop a product and then use sales of that freshly developed product to fund delivery of said product...in fact, you stupid fuck, that IS how it works for most manufacturers. In ALL of these disputed cases, these guys paid us KNOWING they were paying for developmental products. In our case, sales dropped 75% over-fucking-night, right along with a huge hike in gasoline prices. Well, we got caught with our ass out. Thus, fucking A, another company with poor funding run by enthusiasts just may yet bite the dust.

    Shady? No. Lame as fuck? Yes. Thief? FUCK No...just goddamn slow to deliver SOME of our products.

    Keep in mind we have delivered HUNDREDS of boxes without issue.

    Now, back to the guys who are calling me out personally:

    Oh hey, first, Doug...you gonna answer my question? If I send you your shit are you gonna give me my money back? Yes, I still have your stuff here and no, it isn't ready to go...but you now have $1250 back. What are you planning on doing about it? I am entirely OK renegotiating the deal, I would be 100% OK with you getting your stuff at an even greater discount...but I can not do $1250 off of a $2000 deal.

    Oh, BTW, do you remember how our price is $500 LESS than what you told me you had budgeted? I don't seem to see that little truth in any of your posts about what an asshole I am.

    Oh and Sean, did you get your shit yet? Like I told you about 30 times, it is NOT ready for sale, so your demanding it NOW means you get what you get.

    Since I no longer have a place to work on cars I cannot finish developing that particular product...I honestly do hope it works out for you, but you sure are being a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles now.

    Oh, and Steve (gasgasrider), did you know you made a verbal contract to display my products that were sold and installed to you as part of a display program, both your car and your sons? Did you conveniently forget that part? You do remember how your car was to be shown and promoted as a GAS demo vehicle and has not been shown even once, including the specific even it was to debut our product at? That showing IS your responsibility. You agreed to it and I have several witnesses. Care to have some input on that issue, how you fucked GAS over by not showing your fucking car? Oh wait, maybe that is how you treat your "friends", you don't seem to have very many, so I don't know.

    Oh wait...this is all about how butthurt you are by losing a friend...well, my "friends" dont harass me to get their shit done while I am struggling to make ends meet partially because they fucked me up in the first place.

    Oh, BTW, I like how you left out the part where you dropped my fucking toolbox and destroyed my table saw on the goddamn freeway because you apparently had no idea how to strap it down...nice.

    Because that is how friends take care of one another, right?

    Oh, BTW, I finally came up with a solution for the spare tire access issue. I can't develop it now because now I have no marketplace and no model and no place to work...and more than a bit of all that is your fucking fault.

    Deal with it.

    Oh, and just so you know, typically, when I don't charge you even one fucking dime for a $500+ install, most people don't whine so goddamn much.

    I think I am gonna find out how much Car Toys charged this asshat to copy my design since he is too much of a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles to say what he paid publicly.

    Or, better yet, how much he would charge to build another one and ship it...or write a tutorial for the installation...fuck, you get the idea.

    'nuff of this shit, I have stuff to do.

    Luke

    Leave a comment:


  • treff-7
    replied
    here comes my

    The OP or the Alex guy to be specific actually did use part of Luke's design. The port design and the idea of utilizing the compartment between the rear seat and trunk was his idea. OP handed it over to someone else on a silver platter who most likely will use it in the future again and make money off of it. And on top of that he posted about it here.... I'm totally on Luke's side on that one. A lot of us (including me) use others design or get an idea from other's design to make a product OURSELVES for OURSELVES that we make no money on. I think it's acceptable. Even copying a patented design for your own use is legal as long as you don't sell it. But giving someone else's design to a guy who builds boxes for living is not!

    HOWEVER the way Luke does business is not right! He is great at building/designing boxes but the business side should be handled by someone else. Ignoring or jumping on every customer who raises his voice is unacceptable! Selling products that are not on the self waiting for shipping is not ideal. I understand that he had/has money problems but in that case he should have let the guys who preordered the lukebox know about it so they are not in the dark thinking what happened to their box and/or money. I bet if he honestly tells the community what was going on they would have preordered boxes to help him get out of the shithole he fell in. And I'm sure that most of the people who said that they wanted the vert box but never order it they did so because they had no clue how long it would take to receive it or didn't think they would see the box at all. I didn't know GAS at all but I went for it and ordered one. Managed to grab the last one from the first batch and I received it quick because it was ready to ship. I know having boxes prebuilt, sitting on the self is not good for GAS because their money is just sitting in it but it helps build your reputation when you can fulfill an order right away. So I understand where the OP is coming from on that part.

    Luke needs to rethink how he does business. He definitely has the product that people want, it's just the way he handles the business side of it might be the biggest reason why he's where he is now.

    I might be wrong but this is how i see it.
    Last edited by treff-7; 10-23-2012, 12:11 AM. Reason: typo

    Leave a comment:


  • Tismael711
    replied
    ok ok ok.......if this doesn't sound like a reality tv show......i don't know what does!

    Best of luck to you Luke......

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
    Pay attention, Doug. If you keep shitting on me, it is gonna take way fucking longer to get your shit to you.
    Now thats a shady business practice.

    Dont get too cocky now, as good as your boxes are, most people couldn't tell the difference between yours and a ported swap meet box if their life depended on it. I mean for most people, a boom is a boom regardless of how was designed.
    Last edited by bmw325csi; 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by MC Hammered
    Can you share how your installer solved the driver and passenger side clearance issues for the woofer?

    After reading all of this, if he needs me to sign a NDA first I understand.
    I dont know exactly how. I will have to call and find out.

    Leave a comment:


  • MC Hammered
    replied
    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    His plans were not copied. I showed the guy the thread so he could have an idea as to what I wanted. If you look at my set up and look at the Lukebox you will know it is very different. I don't see it as a slap in the face at all. If I am a douche for building a box and using some guys plans as a reference than call me douchey mcgee... I dont care. Eitherway its done, sounds great,was done quickly and I am satisfied.
    Can you share how your installer solved the driver and passenger side clearance issues for the woofer?

    After reading all of this, if he needs me to sign a NDA first I understand.

    Leave a comment:

Working...