My Vert Custom Audio Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bmw325csi
    replied
    FYI, Luke does make a power top box

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Has anyone noticed that this car has a power top?

    Does everyone know that a Luke box for a power top car DOESN'T EXIST?

    Luke's claims that he has sold six of them but how many have been shipped? NONE! I know this because I paid for mine in MAY and although Luke still has my money, I haven't received shit - not even a courtesy response despite my many PM's, emails and phone calls for the last 2 months. So there are five other buyers that have been bilked?

    The OP says that he didn't want to wait to get decent sound in his car. I understand this completely and that's why I placed my order before the summer. Too bad for me the summer has come and gone.

    Thanks James Crivellone for your post. I was one of the first, if not the first, to design, manufacture and sell s50/52 260 swap braces on this forum many years ago. When different versions by other members started to be sold here, I didn't cry about it - I admired them! Did it cost me sales? Absolutely but hey, I can't blame the buyers OR the sellers.

    Badfish TX - you did the right thing. You will have sound and me? I have a wife that's bitching at me because I got ripped off.

    Thank you for posting. Please let us know how this works out for you - I might be in for one too.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw325csi
    replied
    Nice! Please keep the pics coming, looks like a legit install

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    I’m going to stand a fairly neutral ground here and post of my thoughts.

    Yes, it sucks that for GAS that they didn’t get the sale, yes it sucks that GAS put time and energy into building a box that few bought, and yes it sucks that another guy is building a similar box.

    This is modern business everyone. And I can appreciate the posters remark on not wanting to wait for a box to ship (or be built), and wanted it all done under one roof.

    I can count on numerous fingers how many times I’ve looked at other products for inspiration only to develop my own. I’m not selling the darn things, but sometimes I want to do it myself (or have someone build a similar product) Engine mounts for instance, yes E30.de sells them, and not all of us want to wait a month – two months for mounts, so we build our own. 24V G260 transmission mounts, several guys sell them on r3v; I modified and built my own. Wiring harness adapters, I make my own.

    Yes, GAS has tons of time into boxes, and tons of time into box design, but I have seen many others use PVC pipe to bring noise into a cabin, using MDF to build the box, etc.

    Nobody has copyrighted a Subwoofer box. Yes it sucks, but hell, nobody has.
    What it all boils down to is this. If I have an option to have something in 3 days, versus a month or two (again I don’t know what GAS stocks or does not) in many cases I’ll want to get it done sooner. However if I had the project planned, perhaps I would have ordered a box from GAS.

    Quickly, everyone email Treehouse Racing, E30.de, and everyone else about me stealing their products. See? It does not work that way.

    Personally I think going in here and flaming a user because he got inspiration from another product is wrong. Yep he sent over a photo of a Luke box and said, “pipe the audio in with PVC pipe”, so what? Should I be yelled at because I have built a ton of wiring harness adapters that happen to be the same thing that Treehouse makes?

    I’ve known Luke for years, he makes great subwoofer boxes, I have two of them in my cars. For my E34 Touring I plan to build my own, why you may ask when he has built several for me in the past? Because I want to try it and see how well I do. Going to flame me because I didn’t buy one from GAS?

    My
    Couldn't agree more or say it better if I tried. Well said and thank you for the input.

    Leave a comment:


  • 10Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by Justin B
    What hurts is the lack of care for intellectual property of a product. There's plenty of ways to skin a cat, and to see a half ass copy of what was admittedly an attempted copy of our power top box and being shown off (especially on this forum) feels kinda lame.

    You may not have had to make two trips to the stereo shop anyway. Bad excuse. Our boxes are designed to be able to be installed by a DIY'er in a matter of minutes to a few hours for the more involved processes like this one. If you're just a narnar with tools, maybe, but this shit is easy.

    Oh well.
    What is a "narnar"
    Last edited by 10Toes; 10-18-2012, 12:04 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    I’m going to stand a fairly neutral ground here and post of my thoughts.

    Yes, it sucks that for GAS that they didn’t get the sale, yes it sucks that GAS put time and energy into building a box that few bought, and yes it sucks that another guy is building a similar box.

    This is modern business everyone. And I can appreciate the posters remark on not wanting to wait for a box to ship (or be built), and wanted it all done under one roof.

    I can count on numerous fingers how many times I’ve looked at other products for inspiration only to develop my own. I’m not selling the darn things, but sometimes I want to do it myself (or have someone build a similar product) Engine mounts for instance, yes E30.de sells them, and not all of us want to wait a month – two months for mounts, so we build our own. 24V G260 transmission mounts, several guys sell them on r3v; I modified and built my own. Wiring harness adapters, I make my own.

    Yes, GAS has tons of time into boxes, and tons of time into box design, but I have seen many others use PVC pipe to bring noise into a cabin, using MDF to build the box, etc.

    Nobody has copyrighted a Subwoofer box. Yes it sucks, but hell, nobody has.
    What it all boils down to is this. If I have an option to have something in 3 days, versus a month or two (again I don’t know what GAS stocks or does not) in many cases I’ll want to get it done sooner. However if I had the project planned, perhaps I would have ordered a box from GAS.

    Quickly, everyone email Treehouse Racing, E30.de, and everyone else about me stealing their products. See? It does not work that way.

    Personally I think going in here and flaming a user because he got inspiration from another product is wrong. Yep he sent over a photo of a Luke box and said, “pipe the audio in with PVC pipe”, so what? Should I be yelled at because I have built a ton of wiring harness adapters that happen to be the same thing that Treehouse makes?

    I’ve known Luke for years, he makes great subwoofer boxes, I have two of them in my cars. For my E34 Touring I plan to build my own, why you may ask when he has built several for me in the past? Because I want to try it and see how well I do. Going to flame me because I didn’t buy one from GAS?

    My

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Im sure I paid more than I would have going the Lukebox route. The quality or difference in sound quality is debatable. Truth is I dont have the time or patience to wait for a several month product turn around. Look at the pictures of my cars build and the Lukebox build and you can clearly see it is not the same. More pictures to come soon for those interested.

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    I sent him Lukes thread and he is going to copy the pvc tube idea

    Leave a comment:


  • WhyNot
    replied
    this is truely sad.
    i bet the cost was about the same and the results wont be as good.
    but hey .... where are all the right-wingers singing this is free enterprise song??
    the sad truth is, as luke is finding out, that no good deed goes unpunished.
    this is just like the fools that buy heavy equipment thats copied in china.
    it looks very similar but it not even close.
    and even though a box is a simplier product there still is alot of areas that the difference will matter.
    and even if lukes box was much more expensive, which i bet its not, the saying that fits here is 'the worse thing about paying too much more something is that you paid to much', meaning it works as it needs to but was an extra coin or two.
    this here is probably the 'save a nickel will cost you a dime'
    they only get 35 cents/hr in china so luke is a baller at 85 cents/hr if he moves to china

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by agile30

    Plain and simple go jump onto a pool of frozen ice. Tailbone first.

    OP, here is a video for you to use to copy what was suggested above.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by Justin B
    For what it's worth, I don't handle much of that, Luke does. But thanks for the suggestion. Obviously enough I'm not selling you anything, but also didn't want to stay completely out of the thread, so why not have a little fun with replies? That's nice to hear you know which end to hold a screwdriver by, that's a relief. See? Really though, what did you expect. Public forum or not, I'm not acting as GAS right now, but I'll pass it on.
    You should always be acting as GAS especially on a website where you sell and promote your products.

    As I said before his design isn't being copied. Last time I checked there is no Patent on cutting holes in metal and using pvc pipe to direct sound. Honestly, Im sorry to anyone who feels like I stole, misused, or took advantage of your product or idea. Truth is thats just not the case and never had any intentions of making your butt hurt.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by Justin B
    For what it's worth, I don't handle much of that, Luke does. But thanks for the suggestion. Obviously enough I'm not selling you anything, but also didn't want to stay completely out of the thread, so why not have a little fun with replies? That's nice to hear you know which end to hold a screwdriver by, that's a relief. See? Really though, what did you expect. Public forum or not, I'm not acting as GAS right now, but I'll pass it on.
    Lolololol

    Leave a comment:


  • Justin B
    replied
    For what it's worth, I don't handle much of that, Luke does. But thanks for the suggestion. Obviously enough I'm not selling you anything, but also didn't want to stay completely out of the thread, so why not have a little fun with replies? That's nice to hear you know which end to hold a screwdriver by, that's a relief. See? Really though, what did you expect. Public forum or not, I'm not acting as GAS right now, but I'll pass it on.

    Leave a comment:


  • EN318isPDX
    replied
    Originally posted by BadfishTX
    This isnt a LUKEBOX nor is it advertised to be a luke box. The pvc pipe is only going through one layer of sheet metal and not directly into the box. The space between the box and the rear seats are being used as part of the box. Get your info right. The olny thing being copied here is the use of pvc pipe to channel sound into the cabin...
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. I knew r3vers were cheap and lazy but damn.... You should have just let this "professional" design his own setup instead of going "oh hey btw you can just copy this guy"
    Last edited by EN318isPDX; 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BadfishTX
    replied
    Originally posted by EN318isPDX
    I do agree with you but the problem IMO is this guy is going to be running around with a "china" version of a lukebox. Other E30s owners will see it and guess its a lukebox, and when it sounds like complete garbage they wont buy from GAS because this Alex fellow obviously doesn't know what hes doing.

    Again thats only my opinion and I do not have a masters in business, but this will hurt GAS sales in more ways then 1 box
    This isnt a LUKEBOX nor is it advertised to be a luke box. The pvc pipe is only going through one layer of sheet metal and not directly into the box. The space between the box and the rear seats are being used as part of the box. Get your info right. The olny thing being copied here is the use of pvc pipe to channel sound into the cabin...

    Leave a comment:

Working...