LED Cluster Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Cluster Replacement

Anyone try either the super bright or normal bulbs in their cluster? My low voltage light went out so I need a replacement and thought this would be a good fit. Anyone have experience with these?

Shop our wide selection of LED replacement bulbs for cars, trucks, and SUVs! Browse headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, and more!

super bright leds are and awesome company!!!!!!!! i put them in my jeeps cluster and they look amazing, idk how they would look in an e30 since e30's are not back lit but heres a pic of them in my jeep

-His-
    87 e30 325i
    87 e24 m6
    05 e83 x3
    94 e32 740i 5spd
    -Hers-
    89 e30 325i
    18 f48 x1

Comment

I should clarify - they won't be replacing the actual backlights with these. I will replace the 10 small twist bulbs that show oil pressure, charge, fog lights, etc.

Comment

Should work fine. Make sure your bulbs are "frosted" or they will be very directional, which might leave a brighter spot in the middle of the indicator.

LED for the large two orange illuminated bulbs would be cool too. Would be nice to replace all the old e30 illumination with a brighter orange.

When I step into my e30 from my e46, the e30 illumination just feels very dim. I'm constantly checking the dimmer is all the way up.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

The E30 Lights Will Still Be Orange Red Colour Because The Reflection Surface Is Orange .
          Although The LED Will Get YOur Cluster a Brighter Light , But The Dimmer Won't Work .
          Had That Problem On My Cousin's E21 .

But if you Need Another Type of Colour On Your Cluster You Might Use The illuminated Gauges Back Grounds On Ebay
          Just Like Those :

Comment

I bought a few led replacement lights for my cluster but none of them worked. I ended up buying halogen again. Just what happened to me, I may have bought incorrect voltages or something.

the dimmer wouldn't work though

and I'd recommend removing the orange cover if you end up doing the tach and speedo gauge backlights as well.

Comment

Thanks all. I ended up just getting the OEM bulbs from the dealer. They threw in a free map light halogen as well!

Comment

I have remove the two orange plates to make a background light.
                I put red bulbs 5v without the orange cover and I put led rings under the illuminated needles from e36.
                The result is great and the light is like e46
                Attached Files

Comment

You can see and a video here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Does anyone know the Bulb sizes for these LED?

I used their fitment guide for the main bulbs and they did not fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X