Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock radio with aux jack from factoryradioservice.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock radio with aux jack from factoryradioservice.com?

Anyone have any experience with these guys?

I did a lot of searching on adding an aux jack to factory radios, and it seemed like a fairly hopeless case, so I was surprised to see my radio with an aux jack on ebay, listed by this company. Maybe they've just wired it up with a dummy tape and tied the aux jack into the tape input? If that's the case, there's plenty of writeups for doing that myself.
    I sent them an email asking if my tapedeck will still work, so we'll see what they say.
    The ebay link that brought me to them:

My e30 is Canadian, so that's why I don't have the one with the touch slider, but they have that one on their site with an aux jack as well...
    diamantschwarz 1991 318is

dooo ittt, take ya 2 -3 hours and could be a fun project for you.

I cant actually remember if the tape deck still worked after this install-
    If you're not up for it though, it looks like they have it priced at least decently..

Comment

"The tape or the cd still work as normal, the aux not disturb these function.
      Thanks."

Their response to my email, so I guess they found some other way to wire in the input. Maybe just an FM modulator? Anyone have an opinion on those? I'm suspicous in a place like LA, with crowded radio frequencies.
      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

I think if you add the wires to your deck, the tape deck should still work. All its doing is connecting some wires to rca's. Nothing is being cut, just added.

Also, I've been looking into adding an aux input either by adding the rca's to my stock deck, or adding a unit called the iSimple IS77 or IS32. Both are FM modulators which take over the antenna and blocks other frequencies coming in. If you do a google search on reviews for them, they are for the most part positive. You can get either kit on amazon for about $45. The IS77 gives you an option to have an ipod cable but since I have an iPhone 5, I would then have to buy an additional adaptor for it to work for me. The IS32 gives you a usb port and a 1/8" jack. Just need to do some simple wiring and you're good to go.

Comment

Interesting...
          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
          56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
          www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Working...
          X