High pitch noise from speakers related to rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High pitch noise from speakers related to rpm

Yea so as my title says I'm getting a high pitched noise from my speakers thats related to my rpm, as in it gets higher and the rpm increases. Seems to make no difference with the deck being unplugged.

Is this with stock equipment or aftermarket? If you are running an amp in the trunk and it pulls the input from the speaker wires, that probably has something to do with it.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

It still makes the noise with the rcas taken out of the amp, and with the deck unplugged. What do I check next?

Comment

I'm assuming at this point you have an aftermarket head unit and amp.

It makes the noise with the amp turned off? You have bypassed the stock amplifier, correct?

Comment

Didn't have a factory amp. Did the install the way luke does for installing a 5 channel and sub in a non premium car . Only recently started making the noise.
          Last edited by JonnyOg; 04-19-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Its something to do with the amp picking up the frequency from the ignition system and then amplifying the noise. There is some sort of noise filter you can buy and install on the inputs to the amp which should cut that sound out. I'd also maybe try grounding the amp at a different spot.

Comment

check your grounds.
              Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
              http://raceskids.com/

Comment

If it didn't used to do it and started suddenly, I'd bet a ground strap has come loose somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                  If it didn't used to do it and started suddenly, I'd bet a ground strap has come loose somewhere.

Yea it seems to have gone away.. I checked the ground for my amp its it's still solid.

Comment

I've got the same problem , Po had an amp in the back I think it just had a loose ground somewhere, I haven't had a chance to look at it. When I drive it sounds like a have a supercharger :)
                    James A. Maroules
                    Cell: 201 587 6565

Comment

Most of the time with modern equipment if you have alternater whine, it is bad cable routing.

First thing to do is make sure all signal goes up the left side of the car. Once that is certain, check your grounds. I HIGHLY recommend either making your own ground point or using the factory ground point (rear battery cars only).

GL, and LMK if I can help

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Same problem here.

The stereo is aftermarket and I haven't checked for loose grounds yet. Guess that's the first thing to check, huh?
                        -Experience is what you have right after you need it

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X