No announcement yet.

Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not my image, but the Nakamichi CD-500 fits the BMW well. The display colors are changeable, I use the red/amber as shown here, and it perfectly matches the red/amber in the car. Its too bad its gloss face vs matte, but it works for me. Sounds great too.

Comment

Does that one have the rear panel plugs for AUX/SUB/REAR like the CD400?

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          Does that one have the rear panel plugs for AUX/SUB/REAR like the CD400?
          Yeah it does. I use the aux input for my mp3 player.

Comment

so i saw in bav auto catalog that Blaupunkt is now making HU's specifically for old BMWs.... I haven't done much research on them but they look OK and have several models from a basic model to a super-featurey one. Any one else see this?

--Mike
            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
              so i saw in bav auto catalog that Blaupunkt is now making HU's specifically for old BMWs.... I haven't done much research on them but they look OK and have several models from a basic model to a super-featurey one. Any one else see this?

--Mike
              link?
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

These are them. I don't know... but hey they aren't too bad. http://www.bavauto.com/se1.asp?dept_id=449
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Alpine 7909 or a 7903 if you are on a budget. If you want one to look old, get a old unit. If you want modern features, well it's going to look new regardless how hard you try.
                  -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                  -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                    These are them. I don't know... but hey they aren't too bad. http://www.bavauto.com/se1.asp?dept_id=449
                    None of them have more than 2 pairs of pre-amp outputs, and the ones they do have are only 2v. Pass.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

if you are willing to spend, i bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998 for myself that looks pretty good and performs great. it was $200 though, so that's a big disadvantage.

The following are all style similarly:
                      Kenwood Excelon KDC-X898
                      Kenwood KDC-BT958HD
                      Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998
                      Last edited by blacktyevent; 03-23-2015, 06:44 PM.
                      www.tycacek.com

Currently Driving:
                      1986 325e- Custom Nebula Purple Dip, 5MT, Lukebox. A Perfect DD. ;)

Comment

Pioneer DEH-X8700BH

New install, really like it. Previously had a Blaupunkt MP54 Acapulco. Color match is spot on. Has USB, Bluetooth, 6 preamp outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Replacement headunit options that suit the E30 interior

Jvc Arsenal Kdahd75bt

Best head unit I've had by far.
                          5 volt preamp, 6 preamp rca's, 2 Usb ports, and iPhone integration that actually works (you can still use your phone to change the music)

Also the EQ settings it offers are the best I've seen. In terms of color there are several amber/orange colors to choose from. You can also control brightness for buttons and display for night time. I hate bright ass Christmas tree headunits

Best of all its not a flip down, so it won't break easily. Button layout is pretty good too compared to some kenwoods and pioneers I've had

It has Bluetooth (comes with external adapter). I plug my phone in every time I get in the car anyway so I don't use it

It's so good I bought a second one to use in a future stereo install. Rather embarrassingly I initially chose it because it wasn't hideous to look at, and looks pretty stock. No chrome bezel crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-13-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

A few more choices, although you'll have to trawl eBay or Amazon.de to find it...I've been looking for a clean HU with BT streaming for both my cars.

I've found:
                            VDO CD7316U-OR CD/USB Head Unit

And the Kienzle 1016bt -- if you do a search on eBay you'll find a German merchant selling these, but some glitch has him pricing these at 10 USD when they should really be $230. From what I've read, his english isn't great, but he's happy to ship to the US. There's also someone wiht an E36 who installed one and did a brief review.

Comment

Hmmmm... I think that VDO may be an RMT200 in disguise....

Closing SOON!
                              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

What i ended up with.

Colour matches quite well and the satin surround finish ties in with the interior well in my opinion.

PS. This is my Touring not my coupe. The coupe will receive a similar headunit however.

Comment

Working...
                                X