I have a sweet caring disposition
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

As evidenced by your feedback thread.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
        As evidenced by your feedback thread.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
        I drew you a masterpiece by the way/ I have captured your essence ...
        Its in with your radio shack speakers I sent today..

do something useful and tell luke to respond to my email
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Jesus fuck, gimme a minute!

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
            I drew you a masterpiece by the way/ I have captured your essence ...
            Its in with your radio shack speakers I sent today..

do something useful and tell luke to respond to my email
            All you need to do to get Luke's attention is stand on his lawn.

Comment

Okay.

GAS Local crossovers in hand.
              E34 rear woofers in hand.
              Dayton tweeters in hand.

Looks like I am go for an install this weekend. Say Luke, or anyone else who has tried this, any recommendations on low pass/high pass on the E34 woofers and my 10" infinity in a GAS box?

In GAS we trust.... will report back when done.

Comment

You saw the tuning guide I presume?

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
                  Okay.

GAS Local crossovers in hand.
                  E34 rear woofers in hand.
                  Dayton tweeters in hand.

Looks like I am go for an install this weekend. Say Luke, or anyone else who has tried this, any recommendations on low pass/high pass on the E34 woofers and my 10" infinity in a GAS box?

In GAS we trust.... will report back when done.
                  Get 'er done! You won't regret it. I have a similar set up and love it. Was most excellent on the long drive to Whidbey Island this weekend.

Comment

Edit: can I get locals and lukebox shipped to Canada?
                    Last edited by fenwick; 05-11-2015, 06:36 PM.
                    Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

Originally posted by fenwick View Post
                      Edit: can I get locals and lukebox shipped to Canada?
                      Of course! Luke@germanaudiospecialties dot com

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by clavinZERO View Post

What do you think is best with those Dayton midbasses you heard in my car?
                        I shot you a PM regarding the fit of those Dayton ND140-4 midbasses
                        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Yessir, that makes more sense, LOL. And, of course, I agree completely. I just can't seem to find anything that is going to fit all 4 corners of the E30, handle adequate power and sound good. These E34 drivers just kick ass and are plentiful both new and used. The biggest part of the hassle is the recessed cone and suspension, because I want to be able to shove these under the stock Premium grilles front and rear.

The midbass driver I am referring to is in particular the right front E34 from 1993 to 1995. the part number is 6513 8370 935 and is plentiful...in Germany.

The left speaker is DVC and is exactly the same sound and shape, but has a useless second coil. If you are going to order them, get the non-DVC version. If you are scavenging, feel free to use both stock E34 front speakers, idealkly in all 4 corners.

NOTE: these bigger E34 speakers will not fit the rear of a vert, don't even try.
                          I was able to fit the e34 front speakers in the rear of my ver. It's a really tight fit because of the bigger magnets, but it fit.

As you can see the part no. is 6513 8735 081, which is a previous revision of 6513 8370 936, which is the opposite side of what Luke recommends, but still the same 4ohm 40w speaker.

See here:

Originally posted by Rmlr View Post
                          Hi Luke,

Have you tested the Non-Handsfree version of the E34 speakers [P#65138370936]. There are plenty of these on online compared to the other P#....35.

They look very similar to each other but the 35's have a green sticker and 36 have a blue one.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Yes, I have. I cannot hear a difference and the impedance measurements seem almost exactly the same. I think that functionally, they are the exact same thing.
                          Last edited by robrez; 08-05-2015, 05:39 PM.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post

That is what I did. Used RTV to attach it in, so if need be can be removed in the future.

Thanks,

Stan
                            I take it that you don't have the foam in there then? I mocked mine up yesterday, and the dome definitely comes into contact with the foam on the grill.

If anyone knows of an easy way to space the tweeter out a few mm, that should fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
                              I take it that you don't have the foam in there then? I mocked mine up yesterday, and the dome definitely comes into contact with the foam on the grill.

If anyone knows of an easy way to space the tweeter out a few mm, that should fix the issue.
                              No foam that I can recall. OEM E30 tweeter grille had only a thin cloth material under grille. Stan

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post
                                No foam that I can recall. OEM E30 tweeter grille had only a thin cloth material under grille. Stan
                                Thanks for the help! I am slowly piecing this together. I simply removed that (completely dried up, nasty foam) and super glued them in there. I cannot wait to get these crossovers installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X