No announcement yet.

Premium Sound upgrade kit feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet they will ship today. They have been posting many pics on Facebook. Lookin good too.

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

They are finished and will be out today!

Look for a tracking number email from USPS.

Pics and details shortly, these came out really nice, Justin kicked ass as usual.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke, please contact me for a different shipping address as the one I specified in my email I am no longer at, an the one that came with the paypal isn't mine and will get lost.

Comment

Found these today Luke and they look brand new! But the drivers side front midwoofer was slightly bigger than every thing else. It is also a 4 ohm and 6 ohm compared to the other 4 ohm speakers. Check pick but this was out of a 95 525i also a 93 with the same speaker but in worse condition. Looking forward to the crossovers getting here. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403149867893.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7167878Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403149878632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7167879

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by RBE9; 06-18-2014, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Luke,

Have you tested the Non-Handsfree version of the E34 speakers [P#65138370936]. There are plenty of these on online compared to the other P#....35.

They look very similar to each other but the 35's have a green sticker and 36 have a blue one.

Comment

Just got the crossovers and they look great!!!! Thanks for the hard work

Comment

What amp is recommended with this setup in addition with a 10" Luke box?

#AZE30
                1991 318i
                1989 325i
                1989 335i

Comment

Planet audio ac1800.5, from the $500 stereo thread

Comment

there are plenty of great 5 channel amps out there, hit up sonicelectronix.com

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by Rmlr View Post
                      Hi Luke,

Have you tested the Non-Handsfree version of the E34 speakers [P#65138370936]. There are plenty of these on online compared to the other P#....35.

They look very similar to each other but the 35's have a green sticker and 36 have a blue one.
                      Yes, I have. I cannot hear a difference and the impedance measurements seem almost exactly the same. I think that functionally, they are the exact same thing.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Thanks!!

Luke,
                        Received the local crossovers yesterday. They are top notch! Quality components and the best workmanship. Thank you, tell Justin that he did a great job and it shows...I hate to hide them out of the way but that is my plan with this car. Make everything look mostly OEM.
                        Now all I am missing is an OEM looking head unit. Not too crazy about the BMW CD43 units and their eBay copies. Thought that the Deutsche Autoparts VW HU http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/Vie...51228B/546/114 looked promising although pricy.

What did you not like about it?
                        Thanks,
                        Stan

Comment

Just got these. The workmanship on these is just awesome. Very well made! Great job guys!
                          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post
                            Luke,
                            Received the local crossovers yesterday. They are top notch! Quality components and the best workmanship. Thank you, tell Justin that he did a great job and it shows...I hate to hide them out of the way but that is my plan with this car. Make everything look mostly OEM.
                            Now all I am missing is an OEM looking head unit. Not too crazy about the BMW CD43 units and their eBay copies. Thought that the Deutsche Autoparts VW HU http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/Vie...51228B/546/114 looked promising although pricy.

What did you not like about it?
                            Thanks,
                            Stan
                            Stan, my bitch with that deck is all about a couple of basic things. First, the big one, the lack of pre-amp outputs. The output voltage is too high on the speaker leads, and I really don't want to listen to an amplified "line level" signal being fed to the amplifiers. If the speaker outputs of a deck sounded as clean and dynamic as the preouts do I wouldn't care, but there is a lot of noise and distortion that just doesn't happen with proper pre-amp outputs. This isn't an issue on a "deck and 4" install, but that never ever happens in my world, I always demand all speakers be driven by amplifiers.

So: sound quality is shit when used with an amp. Complaint #1, but its huge.

Second is so dumb...but the stupid beep can't be shut off. Every time you do pretty much anything you get that annoying beep...even turning the volume to zero gives a beep and it is fucking annoying.

Oh yeah, that stupid 5V remote output too...I mean its a 5 minute fix to solder a few wires to a 5V micro relay and Radio Shack generally has them, but spending $6 or whatever after buying the deck and having to hassle with proprietary bullshit AND the damn stupid BEEP and the lack of pre-outs...nope. Can't do it. That same car is getting a Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT. I can say I am excited to try it, but I have a sinking feeling it is going to suck too.

All I can say is WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE STOP LOOKING AT THE DAMN RADIO! Good lord, buy a $150 deck at Walmart and you get everything you need, great performance and all the neat-O features, USB, Bluetooth, AUX, decent color matching, all of the above and a subwoofer level control too...and the only complaint is that its ugly? I agree, it's ugly, but its job is to make music and that to me is priority #1. I have zero tolerance for dancing light displays or bright blue lights (thus my hatred for Alpine) in the middle of an orange lightfield, but you don't have to put up with that anymore. There are LOTS of great choices, and it isn't like a deck is a permanent change to the dashboard, they come right out if something better comes along.

However, no matter how much I rant, the fact is that it's your car. If you can deal with the performance hit, (way better than a CD43, thats for sure) it does look very nice and aside from FM, works really well.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke,
                              Thanks..,
                              The performance complaint is enough for me to not want anything to do with it.
                              No preouts is not good.

I can deal with the newer head units non period looks. I don't want to waste all the great audio components you have provided me for a OEM looking crappy HU.
                              Just not worth it at all.

Any particular brand that you prefer more than others? Alpine is out of the question!

I want to do the Lukebox, E34 drivers, silk dome tweeters, Local PCN justice with nice clean sound quality. With my cars, I always pick performance over aesthetics anyways.

Thanks,
                              Stan

Comment

Nah, I hate all of the equally.

LOL

Seriously enough, competition in that sector is intense that they are all pretty good.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X