No announcement yet.

Reversing a hackjob - RMT 200 DIY - the stereo portion of my E30 M3 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work. How is the car coming along now.....After 1.5 years...

Comment

$1200? They must have seen demand increase along with this thread. Crazy stuff going on these days. If u want period correct, get an old school Kenwood pull out with their signature amber illumination. Awesome job on flush mounting the headunit. That looks 1000x better.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 08-18-2016, 09:43 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

yeah this radio has been out of reach for a while now. ridiculous pricing.
        sad - this is by far my favorite E30 radio install. love the flush mount and overall appearance.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

wow, good work man! Wish I had known about this deck back when it was priced reasonably!
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Thanks. The radio has been sitting in its box for a little over a year and a half now. This is what the car looks like today... full respray after all dents removed, has been at the body shop for almost 8 months. Expected back any week now. Meanwhile I've completely restored the entire wiring harness and am restoring the interior. Hoping to repair the cracks in the leather and re-dye this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How much does a total repainted like this cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by 17sd View Post
                  How much does a total repainted like this cost?
                  Lol @ micdrop. :rofl:

On cost - it's not cheap, but the paint and body are a huge part of the car, so its better to pay to have it done exceptionally well - once. I've heard so many stories of people having cars painted by some guy their friend knows who "does awesome work" only to have serious issues and have to have it redone. The shop I'm using works primarily on exotics, including classic exotics. They did a rebuild of a... well here, just watch this...

All of their work has a lifetime warranty. I had them redo my wheels too, check out my main build thread for that. I will say that I did save a significant amount of money by doing the teardown and rebuild myself, and that I'll still be in the black by the time all is said and done because i got the car so cheap.

Comment

Working...
                  X