No announcement yet.

Well it's finally installed... (RMT200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big bitch is trying to turn down the input of the amp enough to not be completely blown apart with signal level. That E24 M6 we did still has one in his dash and if it didn't just suck when amplified, we would love it. Get me between 2 and 5V RMS out of a decent op-amp and I am happy. Even better if you could convince the subwoofer output to work, there is a pin for the output on the header even.

The BT on this thing does kick ass BTW, its excellent.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      The big bitch is trying to turn down the input of the amp enough to not be completely blown apart with signal level. That E24 M6 we did still has one in his dash and if it didn't just suck when amplified, we would love it. Get me between 2 and 5V RMS out of a decent op-amp and I am happy. Even better if you could convince the subwoofer output to work, there is a pin for the output on the header even.

The BT on this thing does kick ass BTW, its excellent.
      Aah OK, so the main issue is that the gain on most aftermarket amps is too high so that one or two clicks of minimum volume blasts the system?

2-5V on a pre-amp / opamp output should be no problem. The DSP chip might even have a sub/low-freq output that just isn't hooked up to other stuff, so I might be able to tap into that.

HOPEFULLY the DSP chip has its original PN on it so I can pull a datasheet. Any chance you have a connection at a certified Blaupunkt repair shop that you could get the schematics/service manual for the RMT200? I actually found the schematics for the CD43 a couple of years ago on some Russian manual website that no longer exists. Is there a sticker on the unit that gives a different / actual Blaupunkt model number?

EDIT:
      Looks like it is actually made by Clarion based on some web images.
      Last edited by bmwman91; 10-27-2014, 11:53 PM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Hey man, that's your deal, I am just a dumb old stereo installer... But if you have no luck, hit me up and I will research the hell out of it.

The single biggest suck-a-thon is the beep. If you have an amp powering the mids and highs, it's loud as hell, very irritating.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Oh yeah, it beeps at zero volume, why the fuck those bone heads decided it needed to beep when turned all the way down need to get fisted by a Russian powerlifter.

Closing SOON!

Comment

The beep...I feel ya man. I hate that shit. Based on a JVC HU schematic I have, at least some units have a dedicated BEEP output from the DSP chip. Yup...left, right, sub and BEEP outputs straight to the amp IC. So maybe you have L & R turned down, but apparently the people that designed the HUs thought that that stupid BEEP was important enough to always be loud as fuck.

If you have a connection at a Clarion shop I could definitely use it. No need for the modesty game ("dumb old stereo installer"), it goes without saying that you could blow the ears off of chumps like me! No need to go crazy, I am HOPING that I have enough of a grip on typical HU design that I can just probe out what I need on the RMT200, but if you know someone that can pull a schematic that would be sick.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
            X