Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Vert Install with PCN (Pic Heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke-

I have your 4-channel PCN for my front stage and just realized that I may need to do a coaxial-mounted tweeter (like above) in the rear of my convertible. I would be using the Dayton midbass that Clay used in his install, potentially paired with the OEM e30 Premium tweeters.

Is there an off-the-shelf (read: affordable) passive crossover option for that combo?
    Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
      Luke-

I have your 4-channel PCN for my front stage and just realized that I may need to do a coaxial-mounted tweeter (like above) in the rear of my convertible. I would be using the Dayton midbass that Clay used in his install, potentially paired with the OEM e30 Premium tweeters.

Is there an off-the-shelf (read: affordable) passive crossover option for that combo?
      Old Thread, I know, but what did you end up with. Im looking to do E34 Premium with Dayton Tweeters up front, and maybe E34 Rear speakers with E34 Tweeters in my Vert unless your setup with the daytons worked considering it will save me some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by tito12121 View Post
        Old Thread, I know, but what did you end up with. Im looking to do E34 Premium with Dayton Tweeters up front, and maybe E34 Rear speakers with E34 Tweeters in my Vert unless your setup with the daytons worked considering it will save me some cash.
        I ended up running coaxials in the rear (just some Pioneer TS-A 5.25" 2-ways) and the E34 midbass up front wiht the GAS Local PCN handling crossover duty.

Here is my audio thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=357472
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

I didn't have much luck fitting E34 midranges in my vert's rear because of the magnet size I think. Anyone here have any tips or tricks on how they got it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn View Post
            I didn't have much luck fitting E34 midranges in my vert's rear because of the magnet size I think. Anyone here have any tips or tricks on how they got it to work?
            Focus on the front stage! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone clarify the full speaker arrangement? I’m a bit slow. Where did the rear e34 speakers get mounted? All I see is the tweeters mounted in the side panel where the speakers should be.
              Also, a previous comment stated 2 pairs of speakers and only 1 pair of tweeters were installed. I thought it’s tweeters front and back. Thanks!

Comment

The E34 speakers get installed in place of the stock speakers in the kick panels.

Comment

Working...
                X