5-1/4" 2-way Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-1/4" 2-way Recommendation

My stock (HK) roof speakers are on their way out in my Z3 which has me in the market for replacements.

What's a good sounding 2 way speaker that isn't too bright and won't break the bank?

Thanks.

I've always liked JL audio. I don't have them yet in my E30 but hopefully someone else can chime in.

Comment

This page has been removed, but Madisound has thousands of loudspeaker parts. Contact us today at info@madisound.com.

I used a pair of these before I redid my whole sound system and they were about as good as you can get for 5.25" coaxials. Sure you have probably never heard of the brand, but that retailer generally only carries stuff that is above average quality (mostly for high end speaker builders). Most big names in car audio these days are only living on the name and don't make super great stuff, or it is just too expensive for what it is.

Double check the screw hole dimensions though, I cannot remember if these coaxials matched the stock pattern. I think they did, but you should check just in case if you go with them.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...-speaker-pair/

I used a pair of these before I redid my whole sound system and they were about as good as you can get for 5.25" coaxials. Sure you have probably never heard of the brand, but that retailer generally only carries stuff that is above average quality (mostly for high end speaker builders). Most big names in car audio these days are only living on the name and don't make super great stuff, or it is just too expensive for what it is.

Double check the screw hole dimensions though, I cannot remember if these coaxials matched the stock pattern. I think they did, but you should check just in case if you go with them.
        Might give these a try depending on the mounting requirements.

Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming.

Comment

Threw in some kickers, the tweeter coil was flush and so I was able to put the factory covers over them.

Comment

Bump this for the new year.

Comment

Working...
            X