No announcement yet.

Screens in an e30 anyone?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn steve that looks good. I just have a simply screen in my console. sorry no pics

Comment

Originally posted by Addissimo View Post
      Pics of armrest/center console please!

It is only a makeshift job until i can get myself an E46 one - can't get one local as I need a left hand drive one.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
        itd probably be more useful to put the actuators right on the flaps themselves, less pull and less clutter behind the mid dash
        Have you even been elbow deep into a dash? It's not like it's an empty cavity - there is a lot of crap in there. (I like the idea though!)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

If i were gonna do the whole "motorized vent" thing, I would hijack the entire system from a '91 Chevy P/U, the vent motors have position sensors, the control panel is fairly intelligent, and you can get parts off the shelf. Plus, the display/controller is only about 2" deep (IIRC) and will fit anywhere, including where the DIC is.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Have you even been elbow deep into a dash? It's not like it's an empty cavity - there is a lot of crap in there. (I like the idea though!)
            Yeah that is why I am looking at using the central locking actuators to push/pull the exisiting cables as it would be easier to find room as there is a bit of flexibility with the cables.
            Using some power window buttons may allow some control for those that use the vents half open.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartge_H27 View Post
              damn steve that looks good. I just have a simply screen in my console. sorry no pics
              PICTURES PLEASE :hitler:

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
              I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
              "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

well the car is in chi town and i am in birmingham sorry. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gjuu View Post
                  not all of us "kids" eliminated stock functions

and the controller - iDRIVE anyone? :)

I too will be using mine for megasquirt - the main reason for the installation. But having the other programs available just adds to the appeal - 120GB of mp3s and when I have used that up just add an extra hard drive :)

I am looking at servos for the controls too - as the relocation means that I get full vent movement for only half the slider travel and eventually would like to tidy this up. Was thinking a basic open/close system as I never have the vents half open - they are either fully open or fully closed. If I remove the sliders I could add an ashtray or coin holder to this area.

Damnnnnnnn, that is nice! You should fly over here and do that to my e30. :D

Comment

Originally posted by GraphicRage View Post
                    Damnnnnnnn, that is nice! You should fly over here and do that to my e30. :D
                    hahahaha - I doubt if they would let me in the country ;)

I like it a lot better now i have the e46 armrest instead of the makeshift one I had in there....

Comment

my door locks dont work... so no bling bling for me.
                      Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

get an ALARM and a gun

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
                        I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
                        "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Working...
                        X