no windows or headlights on 24v swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no windows or headlights on 24v swap

got to tidying up everything on my 24v swap and came across a problem with my headlights.

when i go to pull the highbeam stalk twords me to flash my highbeams the realy clicks but there is no power going to the headlights. i also dont have any power windows.

cant see if low beams word because i broke the switch to control them
    E30s for life. will drive nothing else than a BMW.

Does your car start?
    Check your pinouts if not - I had no windows and the car wouldn't start, and my body harness pins 7 and 15 were wired into the the wrong engine harness wires. Keep in mind this is for an M50 OBD1 (It should be 7(body)-->21(engine) and 15-->15. I had 7-->15 and 15-->21)
    Just a shot in the dark, but who knows
    Last edited by Sea Aych; 11-25-2015, 08:03 PM.
    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

yep car starts and runs fine. Someone said something about a green and black starter wire that should be grounded? an unloader or something? im not the best with electrical but im pretty sure my harness wiring is ok.
      E30s for life. will drive nothing else than a BMW.

Comment

Fix the low beam switch first...

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Aych View Post
          Does your car start?
          Check your pinouts if not - I had no windows and the car wouldn't start, and my body harness pins 7 and 15 were wired into the the wrong engine harness wires. Keep in mind this is for an M50 OBD1 (It should be 7(body)-->21(engine) and 15-->15. I had 7-->15 and 15-->21)
          Just a shot in the dark, but who knows
          I am having this same problem, no power windows, no headlights and car wont start. But I dont have a swapped engine, its the stock m20 engine. However, fusebox got replaced due to a short and ever since the car has this issue.
          I am new to this and need some help. When you mention "pins" where exactly are they located?

Comment

Working...
          X