Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 premium sound quality question

Hello.

Just wondering how good is the sound quality from the rear premium sound speakers, are they on par or better than most aftermarket speakers?

I have a set of CDT speakers that I have, bass is not that good and sound seems OK. I will be buying the rear speaker grilles just to give it that nice look, I'm wondering though how is the sound quality like?

Ofcourse will be running with standalone amp not off a head unit.

Thanks.

low brand aftermarket speaker will give a better sound.........these speakers are at least 25 yrs old, keep that in mind. The technological changes since then is so vast I would cover the non oem speakers with premium grills and call it good!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Never under-estimate 25 year old German anything. I wouldn't trade my oe speakers for any new chinese garbage
      You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
      I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
      Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

Comment

neither would I. The change in speaker tech is not so vast. Has the wheel evolved that much, nope. In fact I prefer older electronics because they are not made in sweat shops in china. Send me your stock stuff, Ill even toss you $20 for it all

Comment

agreed. total BS that a low-end speaker is better than the premium rears. ditto the tweeters and door speakers. of course there's better tech out there for $$$, and the drivers need to be in good working condition. Other than that the stock premium drivers are quite good
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I have more than my fair share of experience with BMW speakers.

There isn't much that does as well as a set of good-condition Premuims.

I've installed the "best" of them: Focal, JL, Dynaudio, Morel, new and old Diamond, A/D/S, PPI, everything from $59 specials to $1500 MBQuart Q series.

I gotta say, Ill take the ones I engineered over any of them, period. Regradless of price, if we are talking stock location, OE appearance, powered properly with an amplifier in high-pass mode and a proper subwoofer making bass, nothing does as well as what we make.

Aside from that, Premuims are your best bet.

Look for dark black cones, sun damage is the worst thing.

If you want a clearer treble, change the cap for a high grade one, like we use in our crossovers. Just unsolder the old one and solder a new one in. Yanking a 16V electrolytic cap and replace with a metalized polypropylene cap that can do 400V without hysterisys distortion, it might cost $20 for the four of them. Or, buy ours and some junkyard E34 speakers and piss off all your friends that all 8 of your speakers cost $165 and kick the crap out of theirs in every way...whatever way you go, only BMW speakers are the logical choice, with or without G.A.S.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X