Left turn signal goes into high beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left turn signal goes into high beams

Hello all, don't know if this is a common e30 thing but I've recently replaced my lever because I though my lever was the problem. Last night I had the same problem where if I use the left turn signal after a few seconds it falls into high beams. It's just annoying to others and could possibly get me in trouble with the police out here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

It is common. Are you sure the new switch was working properly? Is so, maybe there's a short in the wiring. Most of the time it's the turn signal switch though.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      It is common. Are you sure the new switch was working properly? Is so, maybe there's a short in the wiring. Most of the time it's the turn signal switch though.
      It was the switch. Couldnt figure it out so I went full savage, just cut the yellow high beam wire and problem solved lol I only have the high beam flash now. Sooner or later I'll repair it even though we really have no use for constant high beams here in sunny California.

Comment

Working...
      X