Looking for new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new system

Im looking to do a overhaul on my car stereo system (premium sound). But i have no idea where to start.

This is what i was thinking. i should start with. I wanted to spent at most 300$ on a head unit. i have a friend that works at best buy, i want to see if he can help me out in cost. I like the looks of it. it has where you can adjust the sub from the HU. ipod...and ext. i would like bluetooth also, i dont remember if it came with it...
    [HU] Alpine CDA-9885
    Shop Alpine 50W x 4 Apple® iPod™/Satellite Radio/HD Radio-Ready CD Deck at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

Then i was gunna replace the 5 1/4s i really wanted something really powerful. seeing as these seem to do the most work... i guess

MA Audio 250W 5 ΒΌ

I dont know if ma is a great brand, and not sure if i should look for a better frequency response than what those ma's are. they came with tweeters also. i dont know if they are any good or if these pieces will fit into the front or back. (tweeter or 5.25's) I want it to look factory as possible.

I also have 2 10 inch jbl subs in a box. i dont know what the frequency response are on those yet. im hoping they will work well with my mids and will leave no gap.

I have no idea what i need for and amp. i was looking for something in the 500w 2ch 175$ range.

thanks,
    zach

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Check out crutchfield.com, good info, and prices. Save on install to
    Originally posted by NavyE30
    I saw Vlad was posting and got excited. Then I saw there weren't any boobs and was sad.

Comment

carmedia1.com
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I have that radio in mine. Sounds really clean. Very happy with it.
        Only thing is the red looks sort or light in the daylight for the six buttons. At night it looks really more like an Audi Red. I matched it up with a Alpine amp.
        sigpic

Comment

MA audio is shit. can get "loud" but sounds like ass doing it. And crutchfield does NOT have good pricing. They carry many products, but they are basically an internet Best Buy/Circuit City/etc. If you shop from them, you WILL be paying more than anywhere else
          Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Working...
          X