analog clock install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

analog clock install

I searched everywhere on the forum and could'nt find a write up on this ( i could be wrong) anywho here it is:

This is for the multi-function clock harness.

Whats needed:
    Female power mirror plug
    4 butt connectors
    wire cutters
    wire crimper

Once you remove the mf clock you will see a harness which has about 12 wires, you only need 4. The analog clock has a # above each pin
    30-power
    31-ground
    58k-illumination power
    31g-illumination ground

So what you need to do is grab the mf clock harness and cut these wires:
    red/white-power
    brown-ground
    gray/red-illumination power
    brown/white-illumination ground

the rest is simple, just connect the wires and bam!

Sorry if i left anything out, this is my first write up, hope this helps some of yall.
    Last edited by bmw325csi; 10-13-2007, 06:14 PM.
    harry/harout

I did this not to long ago, but i put everything back together and forgot to write down what wire went to what.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

nice, thanks i'll be using that in the near future :)

Comment

well I just followed the instructions and now my tach and maybe my speedo don't work, whats up with that? I checked power as well and my clock is still not getting any power.

Comment

did u have the 13 button obc or the basic digital clock? B/C thats exactly how i hooked mine up and it worked fine. My tach and mpg gauge dont work either but thats from my bad SI board.
          harry/harout

Comment

I had the 6 button OBC, the tach and MPG worked before the install.

Comment

well after the snow storm I went out and double checked the obvious, fuses in the fuse box, they were all good, double checked the connections to the right colored wires. Now I'm still not getting power to the actual clock through the wiring so I'm suspecting fuses, now does the cluster have a fuse that might have gone? where is it, I did quickly check the cluster it self and found something funky right on the front bottom of it that looked like a fuse cover. I even checked that the wiring up top was correct by looking at the wiring diagram and that all checks out.

Im throughly confused!!!

Comment

i was talking to an electrician friend of mine who told me thats its possible that the analog clock drained the batteries to the si board, which would cause the tach and mpg gauge to flutter around. Can anyone confirm this? Im am not 100% b/c my tach went out b4 i installed the clock.
                harry/harout

Comment

um...well that still doesn't explain why my clock isn't working....so tonight I was cruising around and the lighting part of the clock works so thats a step in the right direction.

I had a 6 button OBC, does that matter? I have the pigtail for the clock, so I never used a mirror plug does that matter? my MPG and tach don't stutter, they are just dead.
                  I replaced the bulb thinking some how maybe the bulb was burned out and not completing the circuit.

Comment

i had the 6 button too. Your harness should not matter because the clock it self has the little numbers on the back where you plug it in. And do you know if the actual clock works? because wiring is pretty straight forward, if you followed my instructions it should work. did you check if you get power to the wires b4 you hooked it up? As far as your gauges i have no clue. If i were you i would start a different thread for that, im sure someone knows whats up.
                    harry/harout

Comment

grrr...well any input from anyone at this point would be good, I really don't want to pull the cluster out and frig with the SI board.

Comment

any idea of the part number of the female power mirror plug or will any year do?
                        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

any year power mirror plug will do the job. Just make sure you get the female!
                          harry/harout

Comment

alright well I posted above that my tach and MPG stopped working....well i finished the search and fixed the problem. there was a burned wire on my cluster, had to solder a new wire for it and now everything seems to be working I will take a cruise tonight and finish it up. the clock is working as well as my tach.

Comment

anyone have a part# or picture of this female power mirror plug?

Comment

Working...
                              X