Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had one lying around for ages, i installed today (too easy) but i couldent find a red wire it had an extra blue and a white wire, so i used the antenna power since i shaved mine off. anyway works great, I just wish i read this sooner. Thank you!!:up:
    harry/harout

Comment

is there an alram install floating around somewhere or is the keyless entry an alarm itself, and what about remote start? anyone?

I love that e30s can start without the clutch down(makes it feel like more of an import)
      97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
      2001 330ci 5 speed
      83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by TopOfTheLine89 View Post
        is there an alram install floating around somewhere or is the keyless entry an alarm itself, and what about remote start? anyone?

I love that e30s can start without the clutch down(makes it feel like more of an import)
        You are confusing 3 separate functions. You can buy a keyless entry system with or without remote start, an alarm (they always come with keyless) or an alarm with remote start and keyless.

There are some real cheap remote start systems without keyless, and there are add-on modules that add remote start to a keyless entry or an alarm.

Basically, have it your way.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

if my central locking doesnt operate correctly, this kit will do me no good, correct?

im able to lock the passenger door, but the driver door lock doesn't stay down. and the cylinder for the key is fubared as well.
          Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I installed one in my car. Best $30.00 purchase ever!!

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

I bought mine like 20 minutes ago.
              Is it possible to make the lights flash on lock and unlock? I'm sure its not that hard.
              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I just installed mine and it works well. I'm working on some sort of lock confirmation right now, i.e. Horn or lights.
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Has anyone here got a horn to honk or lights to flash with the REC-43?
                  1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

No but I'm all ears.

I just bagged me one last night on eBay for $20.50 including shipping!!!

Can't wait to install it,(no more walking behind the car to the trunk to unlock) I bought this as I cant deal with installing a real alarm.

I feel like a trator sorry Luke.... If you where closer or I had a competent friendly installer in my area.
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Just put mine in today. Took 20 min to install. i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by One21Two View Post
                        Just put mine in today. Took 20 min to install. i love it.
                        Any chance you took pictures of the connections etc? If you did post them.
                        sigpic
                        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Dammit, mine stopped working after one year. It seem to happen as it got colder here.
                          If i remove the power and plug it back it, it will work, lock unlock......

I walk away from the car for 30mins, and it stops working.
                          I opened it up and nothing appears to be burnt out.

Comment

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
                            ok, what the hell. all of a sudden my keyless stopped working. this after working perfectly for 3 months. central locking still works like it should

so i pulled the unit out, unplugged it, and plugged it back in. locks work again. however after letting the car sit for a an hour or so, it stopped working again. it's not a wiring problem. it's almost like the unit is malfunctioning. anyone else seen something like this?
                            mine just started doing this.

Did you ever find the problem?

Comment

no green/black or green/purple

i've got a 90 325i and there are not green/black or green/purple wires....wtf.

anybody find theirs were different colors?

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
                                Dammit, mine stopped working after one year. It seem to happen as it got colder here.
                                If i remove the power and plug it back it, it will work, lock unlock......

I walk away from the car for 30mins, and it stops working.
                                I opened it up and nothing appears to be burnt out.
                                U know what i think its a loose connection, same thing happened to me during the install. make sure that the + has a real good connection.

Originally posted by Aerton View Post
                                Any chance you took pictures of the connections etc? If you did post them.
                                I did take pictures, but they were from my cell phone and at night. Hope this helps. Sorry for the wack pics man.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by bfdbatt2 View Post
                                i've got a 90 325i and there are not green/black or green/purple wires....wtf.

anybody find theirs were different colors?
                                I have a 90 325is and ours should be the same wiring. There are 2 bundles of wires in the trunk by the amp. Make sure your grabbing the bundle that has all the tape around it. its the smaller bundle. GL.

Comment

Working...
                                X